Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Boxbitching revisited

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 90 10:19:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Boxbitching revisited
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Vickie here. My 2pence worth:
>3) No lyrics for the B-sides? She did it for The Single File. Why not
>   here? Did she, or someone else just assume that most buyers of TWW
>   would already have TSF? Or did she or they just not think about it
>   or think it was not important? Either way-it's a shame, especially for
>   new fans who will have a hard time getting hold of all the lyrics.

Recently, Virgin UK released a CD full of XTC rarities, and it had a
totally inadequate booklet.  John Relph (moderator of Chalkhills, the
XTC mailing list) put together a beautiful little booklet using a
laserprinter, featuring recording details and lyrics for each song
(some songs have never had official lyrics printed, so we've had to
guess at those).

Would someone with time and knowledge of postscript be willing to put
together similar booklets for TWW I and II?  We've probably got all
the lyrics to the B-sides songs here on gaffa, if anyone's having
trouble finding them (I honestly don't know if they are really all
there, but I suspect the answer is yes.)

The beautiful part is that anyone with a postscript laserprinter could
ftp the sources and make their own booklets, so nobody would be
overburdened.  Surely even the laziest love hound could spend ten
minutes with scissors and stapler...

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |