Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eclectic Music Survey #5 Pre-Post

From: datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta)
Date: 9 Dec 90 18:31:41 GMT
Subject: Eclectic Music Survey #5 Pre-Post
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uwm.edu

                     Eclectic Music Survey #5 PRE-POST

Survey Posting                                               December 1990

First, I want to let people know this is not the actual survey, this is a
    pre-post to add names to the artist list.

Second, a little history:

    On January 15th 1990, I posted a list of 963 artists with the
    following instructions:

    Here is a list of artists, Please take this list and chop it to
    pieces, post something pertaining to one of the artists, reply to
    me and I will summarize comments. Never heard of an artist ask the
    world. I can tell you at least a song title to look for by every
    artist on this list. Others probably have more information than I
    do. If you are ambitious, *** I DARE *** someone to just try &
    classify these into various "types" of music.

The main intent of this survey was to get an idea of what net folks had
to say about different artists.

The list was re-posted February 1st reminding people to respond, results
were accepted until February 17th. I received replies from 48 people,
totaling 1782 comments on approximately 572 artists (not counting artists
responders added), 391 of the artists I listed were not commented on. The
final survey results totaled 387K.

The results of the last survey are still available via FTP from
vacs.uwp.wisc.edu. If you want them via E-Mail, please feel free to mail
me and I will be happy to mail them (it might take a while to get them
all to you though.)

This time, I am going to try something a little different. Here is the
scenario:
Your friend has won a sweepstakes, the prize rules are as follows:

    The winner can have 1 album per artist for as many artists that
    can be thought up. To get you started, is the list of artists
    below. Compilation albums are not allowed. You can assume that all
    albums ever recorded by the artist are available for this case.

    Your friend has come to you to find out what to buy. For each
    artist that you are familiar with, pick THE "album" that you would
    recommend to your friend, also pick the album that you would tell
    your friend to avoid at all costs. (if applicable) Feel free to
    add new artists to the list and explain WHY this album is your
    choice.

    Not all of the artists in this list has released an album, if this
    is the  case, or if you think a collaboration album is better, go
    ahead and list it.
Where this list came from:

    This list is compiled from the respondents of the previous surveys and
    the list of artists from my own music catalogue. Please excuse any
    typos and alphabetizing errors (actually, please correct them [and let
    me know :-)])

What this pre-posting is all about:

    The purpose of this pre-survey posting is to help add artists to
    the list that people will be commenting on. Please mail me with
    ANY artist names you would like to know about. You don't have to
    plan on answering the actual survey but, as a reader, help add to
    the people you want to read about.

    If you would prefer I do not use this new survey and ran a repeat
    of the last survey, please let me know. The purpose of these
    things is to help you, the reader obtain information about artists
    that you would not have otherwise known.

    Another possibility is to run BOTH surveys, please, I really would
    like to know what you want to see.
Current List: (There are 1400+ artists in this list....)

13th Floor Elevators
2 House People
45 Grave
808 State
999
A House
A Tribute To Leadbelly
A Tribute to Monk & Bird
Philip Aaberg
Robert Aaron
John Abaercrombie
ABC
Paula Abdul
AC/DC
William Ackerman
Acoustic Alchemy
Act
Douglas Adams
Benjamin Adderley
Adeva
Adonis
After The Fire
Tawatha Agee
Robert Ahwai
Air Force One
Martin Allcock
Tony Allen & Afro Beat 2000
James H. Allen
Greg Allman
Carlos Alomar
Alphaville
Francis Ambrose
Amon Duul
Amon Duul II
Ancient Future
Anderson Bruford Wakeman & Howe
Ian Anderson
Jon Anderson
Laurie Anderson
Ray Anderson
Craig Anderton
Darol Anger
Annabouboula
Adam Ant
Paolo Antonio
Aphrodite's Child
Rudy Applewhite
Apsaras
Area
Mario Argandona
Arkenstone & White
David Arkenstone
Armando
Armani A. W.-Murray
Joan Armatrading
The Arms of Someone New
P.P Arnold
Art Of Noise
Ashra
Asia
Antranik Askarian and Khatchadour Khatchaturian
Joy Askew
Asleep At The Wheel
Associates
Rick Astley
Aswad & Sly And Robbie
William Aura
Pattie Austin
Dan Aykroyd
Abdul Aziz El-Sayed
Aztec Camera
Azuma
B52s
Johann Sebastian Bach
Max Bacon
Bad Boy Bill
Baden Powell
Manolo Badrena
Anita Baker
Arthur Baker
Chet Baker
Terry Baldwin
Hank Ballard
Phil Ballou
Bananarama
Band of Holy Joy
Bilo Banfi
Bang The Party
Banga (Tanta-Suaag)
Tony Banks
Cyro Baptista
Billy Barber
Pete Bardens
barefoot
Guy Barker
Barnes & Barnes
Joey Baron
Marc Barreca
Syd Barrett
Tim Barthope
Jim Bartz
Robbie Basho
Bauhaus
Peter Baumann
BBC Radiophonic Workshop
R. Bearnes & R. Dexter
Beat Professor
Beatles
Carl Beatty
Beautiful Pea Green Boat
Keith Beauvais
Becca
Sidney Bechet
Jeff Beck
Joe Beck
Beck, Bogert & Appice
David Becker Tribune
Harry Belafonte
Adrian Belew
Lori Bell
Maggie Bell
Teja Bell
Teja Bell/Steve Kindler
The Belle Stars
The Beloved
Pat Benatar
Tony Bennett
David Benoit
Jackson Berkey
Warren Bernhardt
Peter Best
Amin Bhatia
Matt Bianco
Big Daddy Kane
BigOD 20
Eric Bikales
Birdsongs of the Mesozoic
Bill Blaber
Black Uhuru
Black, Rock and Ron
Blaze
Serge Blenner
Carla Bley
Rainer Bloss
Blue Blue Blue
Blue Oyster
Isidro Bobadillo
Body & Soul
Body Snatchers
Bon Jovi
Book of Love
Boomtown Rats
Boozoo Chavis
Douglas Bowen
Bruce Bowers
David Bowie
Liona Boyd
K Paul Boyev
Boys Club
Bradford
Paul Brady
Kevin Braheny
Jimmy Bralower
The Break Boys
Spencer Brewer
Brian Brian
Frank Briggs
Graham Broad
Dave Bronze
Gary Brooker
Charles Michael Brotman
Russell Brower
Julie Brown
Jackson Browne
Dave Brubeck
Dave Brubeck Quartet
Claudia Brucken
Bill Bruford
Rainer Bruninghaus
Jimmy Buffett
Peter Buffett
Buggles
Richard Burmer
Burndi Black
Warren Burnhardt
William S. Burroughs
Kieth Burrowes
Kate Bush & David Gilmour
Kate Bush
Hilda Buthelesi
Butthole Surfers
Chris Byerley
David Byrne
Cabaret Voltaire
Cactus World News
John Cage
Cairo
Randy California
Dom Camardella
Doug Cameron
Camouflage
Can
Lynn Canfield
Caravan
Tony Carey
Wendy Carlos
Larry Carlton
Carmel
Greg Carmichael
John Carpenter
The Cars
Martin Carthy
Alan Carvell
Howie Casey
Cashbow and the Marvelous
Castlebeat
The Casual Gods
Stephen Caudel
Monte Cazazza
Eugene Chadbourne
Jackie Challenor
Champagne
Sheila Chandra
Channel 1
Harry Chapin
Tracy Chapman
Daniel Chase
Cheap Trick
Checkfield
Chicago Music Syndrome
Chick Corea
Chieftains
The Children
Toni Childs
Colin Chin
China Crisis
Chip E
Fredric Chopin
The Chordettes
Lou Christie
Chrome
Chubby Checker
Chuck II Booker
Churchill
Suzanne Ciani
Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
Chris Cioe
Clair Obscur
Clan Of Xymox
Clannad
Dire Straits & Eric Clapton
Stanley Clarke
The Clash
David Clayton
Merry Clayton
Johnny Clegg & Savuka
Angrla Clemmons
Barry Cleveland
Click Click
Matt Clifford
Clock DNA
Clockwork
Leroy Clouden
Richard Clover
Cluster
Michelle Cobbs
Bruce Cockburn
Joe Cocker
Cocteau Twins
Cocteau Twins & Budd
Code 61
Linda Cohen
Coil
Cold Cut
David Cole and Robert Clivilles
Jude Cole
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
Michael Colina
Phil Collins
Colm III
Colourbox
Comateens
Gerlando Compilati
Conspiracy International Project
Bill Conti
The Contortions
Controlled Bleeding
Convex
Betsy Cook
Pablo Cook
Cookie Crew
Ron Cooly
Alice Cooper
Jessie Allen Cooper
Stewart Copeland
Copernicus
Hugh Cornwell
Scott Cossu
Alexander Costello
Elvis Costello And The Attractions
Alexander Courage
The Cramps
Crashdummies
Robert Cray
Crazy Eights
Cream
The Cross
Tim Cross
Kevin Crowley
Crusher
The Cult
Culture Club
Culture Vibe
The Cure
Billy Currie
Tim Curry
Cusco
Cycle V
Holger Czukay
D'Atra Hicks
D.J. Pierre
Elizbeth Daily
Dalbello
Jerry Dammers & Simple Minds
Malcolm Danglish
Data Bank A
David Gilmore
Neal Davis
Peter Davison
Danielle Dax
dB
Chris De Burgh
Alex De Grassi
De La Soul
Sandy De Larny
De Lite
Dead Can Dance
Dead Milkmen
Deep Purple
Def Jef
Defunkt
Lew Del Gatto
Richard del Maestro
Delta Rhythm Boys
Constance Demby
Demis Russos
Michael Dempsey
Sandy Denny
Eric Denton
Deodato
Depeche Mode
Rick Derringer
Deuter
Karla DeVito
Devo
Al Di Meola
Garry Dial & Dick Oats
Diamond Galas
Manu Dibango
Die Bunker
Dif Juz
Bennie Diggs
Diggy, Mark Cosak and Eileen Clark
Din A Testbild
Pandit Dinesh
Dissidenten
Benjamin Dixon
DJ Doktor Megatrip
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
DJ Prince Ice
John Doan
Ian Dogole
Dominique
Double Fantasy
Double Trouble and the rebel MC
Ben Dowling
Geoffrey Downes
Dr. Calculus
Dr. Derelict
Charlie Drayton
Mark Dresser
Drowning Pool
Anne Dudley
Anne Dudley and Jaz Coleman
Roger Dudley
Geoff Dugmore
John Duncan/Joe Potts
Mike Dunn
Duran Duran
DVB
Mark Dwane
Bob Dylan
Eagles
East Ash
Easterhouse
Sheena Easton
Easy E
Echo and the Bunnymen
Ricky Echolette
Duane Eddy
Jonathan Edge
The Edge
Mark Egan
Hanns Eisler & Bertolt Brecht
Electronic
Elements
Vera Elfert
Danny Elfman
Jonathan Elias
William Ellwood
Eloy
Emerald Web
Emerson Austin Cameron
Kieth Emerson
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Emerson Lake & Powell
Sonny Emory
The Enid
Brian Eno
Brian Eno & David Byrne
Enya
Erasure
Kudsi Erguner
Esp
Eurythmics
Dave Evans
Everything But The Girl
Exchange
Fabulous Pink Dots
Fabulous Poodles
Fairport Convention
Harold Faltermeyer
Farafina
Farley Jackmaster Funk
Fast Eddie
Fatala
The Fats Boys
Feargal Sharkey
The Feelies
Steve Ferrone
Brian Ferry
Fields of the Nephilim
Anton Fier
Roger Fiets
Figures On A Beach
Fingers Inc
Fire Engines
Lisa Fischer
Fishbone
Tony Fisher
Fleetwood Mac
The Fleshtones
Flim & the BB's
A Flock of Seagulls
Flying Lizards
Phil Fong
Alex Foster
Fountainhead
Eddie 'Flashin' Fowlkes
John Foxx
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Alasdair Fraser and Paul Machlis
Alisdair Fraser
Henry Frayne
Freiheit
Freur
Glenn Frey
Marty Friedman
Friedmann
Laurie Frink
Fripp & Eno
Robert Fripp
Edgar Froese
Front Line Assembly
Martin Fry
Mark Fuller
Bob Funk
Fuzzbox
G love E
Bill Gable
Peter Gabriel
Peter Gabriel & Simple Minds
Steve Gadd
Galaxie 500
Gandalf
Gang of Four
Earl Gardner
Diane Garisto
Garolou
Michael Garrison
Grant Geissman
Bob Geldof
The Gems
G.E.N.E.
Gene Love Jezebel
Genesis
Gentry Ice
George Malcolm
Geronimo
Michael Gettel
Nass El Ghiwane
Andy Gill
Gillian & Glover
Gordon Giltrap
Philip Glass
Gary Glitter
Dominic Glynn
Go Go's
Marian Gold
Whoopi Goldberg
Golden Earring
Golden Point
Jerry Goldsmith
Jerry Goodman
Martin L Gore
Gorky Park
Glenn Graham
Grandmaster Melle Mel
Wayne Gratz
Greater Than One
Benjamin Greatorex
Al Green
Dick Gregory
Michael Gregory
Andy Grey
Carol Grossman
Dave Grusin
Dave & Don Grusin
Vince Guaraldi Trio
Guru Josh
Sue Hadjopoulos
Nina Hagen
Paul Haig
Hall & Oates
Halpern & Horn
Steve Halpern
Jan Hammer
Peter Hammill
Tom Hanks
Happy Mondays
John Wesley Harding
The Hardsonic Bottoms 3
Hugh Harris
Simon Harris
George Harrison
Deborah Harry
Cory Hart
Dan Hartman
Connie Harvey
Jon Hassell
Richie Havens
Hawkwind
Pete Haycock
Ted Hayton
Justin Hayward
Justin Hayward & John Lodge
Ofra Haza
Max Headroom
Heaven 17
Heavenly Bodies
Arno Hecht
Daniel Hecht
Christoper Hedge
Michael Hedges
Andy Heermans
Heino
Rick Henderson
Jimi Hendrix
Nona Hendryx
Hercules
Herman's Hermits
Christina Hermoma
Greg Herting
Sara Hickman
Hidden Faces
John Hildebrand
Hiroshima
Hit House
Russell Hitchcock
Michael Hoenig
Allan Holdsworth
Jools Holland
Carole Holly
Mic Holwin
Junior Homrich
The Hood
John Lee Hooker
Peter Hope and Richard Kirk
Lightnin' Hopkins
Robert Julian Horky
Paul Horn
Trevor Horn
James Horner
Horseflies
Hot Gossip
House Hustlers
Housemartins
Whitney Houston
James Newton Howard
Robert Howard and Kim Mazelle
Tom Howard
Alan Howarth
Robert Howe
Steve Howe
Neil Hubbard
Garry Hughes
Hula
Adrian Hum
Human League
Kate Humble
Irene Hume
Steve Hunter
Ashley Hutchings
Brent Hutchins
Craig Huxley
Lucia Hwong
Soren Hyldgaard
Abdullah Ibrahim
Ice Cube
Ice-T
Ideola
Iggy Pop
Ralf Illenberger
In The Nursery
Incantation
Information Society
The Innocence Mission
Interior
Iron Maiden
Chris Isaak
Mark Isham
The It
It Bites
It's Immaterial
Jack 'N' Chill
Jack Frost
The Jack Rubies
Jackmaster Dick
Joe Jackson
Jim Jacobsen
Jade Warrior
Ahmad Jamal
James
James Chance
Etta James
James White and the Blacks
David James-Royce
The Jams
Jane's Addiction
Japan
Louis Jardim
Jean Michel Jarre
Maurice Jarre
Arnold Jarvis
John Jarvis
J.J. Jeczalik
Jefferson Airplane
Marshall Jefferson
Leroy Jenkins
Jesus And Mary Chain
Jethro Tull
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Jhalib
Eddie Jobson
Joe Smooth
Johnson
Eric Johnson
Jesse Johnson & Stephanie Sprull
Lorenza Johnson
Scott Johnson
Jomanda
Howard Jones
Jill Jones
Michael Jones
Steve Jones
Tom Jones
Trevor Jones
Joseph K
Journey
Judas Priest
Julian Jonah
Jump St Man
Jumpin Jesus
The Jungle Brothers
Jungle Wonz
Chaka Kahn
Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn and Party
Mark Kammins
A.R. Kane
Peter Kater
Nyomen Kawiana
Joyce Kennedy
Kenny G.
Nik Kershaw
Keyma
Keynotes
Bou Khan
Bakithi Khumato
Robby Kilgore
Killer Pussy
Steve Kindler
Albert King
B.B. King
Ben Taverna King
King Crimson
Curtis King
Kinkina
Kiss
Osamu Kitajima
Kitaro
Shigeru Kitazoe
The Kitchens of Distinction
Mindy Klein
The KLF
Mark Knopfler
Mark Knopfler & Chet Atkins
Kodo
Kenny Kosek
Leo Kottke
Kraftwerk
Bernie Krause & Human Remains
Kraze
Robby Krieger
Kronos Quartet
Krush
Joachim Kuhn
L-Trimm
Patti La Belle
Laibach
Judd Lander
Richard Landry
Landscape
Brad Lang
K.D. Lang
Gary Langan
Daniel Lanois
David Lanz
David Lanz & Paul Speer
Laraaji
Max Lasser
Bill Laswell
Latitude
Andy Laverne
Rhett Lawrence
Simon Le Bon
Le Noiz
Deram Le Sage
Leadbelly
League Unlimited Orchestra
Keith Leblanc
Dave Lebolt
Led Zeppelin
Alvin Lee
Sara Lee
Yolanda Lee
Thomas Leer
Legendary Pink Dots
de Leidse Sleuteljes
Pepe Lemer
John Lennon
Julian Lennon
Andy Leonard
Jay Leonhart
John Leslie
Pete Levin
Tony Levin
Liaz
Eric Liljestrand
Arto Lindsay
Harold Lindsay
Lisa M
Paul Literal
Little River Band
Living Colour
Livonia
Lizzie Tear
LL Cool J
Bernhard Lloyd
John Lodge
London Sinfonia
Londonbeat
Lonesome Stardust Cowboy
Long Fellow
Longsy D
Ernie Longwalker
Loose Ends
Louisiana Red
The Lounge Lizards
Love and Rockets
Jim Loveless
Loverboy
The Lower Third
Luba
Wayan Ludra
Lustmord
Ray Lynch
Jeff Lynne
M. Doc
Baaba Maal
Kirsty Maccoll
Maye Mackenna
Sarah MacLachlan
Madness
Magazine
Magma
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Mahlathini and The Mahotella QueensSimon Mahlathini Nkabinde
Jeff Mahoney
Serge Maillard
Miriam Makeba & Hugh Masakela
Mako
Malaysian Pale
Henry Mancini
Tommy Mandell
Manfredo Fest
Brian Mann
Mannheim Steamroller
Michael Manring
Phil Manzanera
Premiata Forneria Marconi
Mario Smokin Diaz
Ziggie Marley And The Melody MakersClair Marlo
Mike Marshall & Darol Auger
Cliff Martinez
Martini Ranch
Hank Marvin
Danny Marx
Master E
Masters At Work
Masters C&J
Material
Knorad Mathieu
W.A. Mathieu
Matrix
Peter Maunu
Benny Maupin
Maxi Priest
Brian May
Mayday
Suzan Mazer/Dallas Smith
Nobesothu Mbadu
MC5
Jerry McAllister
Dennis McCarthy
Hugh McCracken
Ian McCulloch
Dolette McDonald
Milton McDonald
Skip McDonald
Steve McDonald
Mississippi Fred McDowell
Bobbie McFerrin
Kate & Anna McGarrigle
Brownie McGhee
Doug McKeehan
Carlos Santana/John Mclaughlin
Paulette McWilliams
Mead Lux Lewis
Randy Mead
Meatloaf & Brian May
Glen Medeiros
Glen Medeiros & Elizabeth WolfgrammMegabyte
Jamie Mehan
Melanie
Melon
Men Without Hats
Margareth Menezes
Freddie Mercury
Meredith Monk
Mergner & Weisser (AKA Software)
Merlin
Wim Mertens
Pat Metheny Group
Mandy Meyer
Matthew Meynell
David Michael
George Michael
Midnight Star
The Mighty Lemon Drops
Mind Over Matter
Bob Minder/Urban Contours
Ministry
Miriam Makeba
Akifumi Misato
Missing Persons
The Mission
The Mission (The Mission U.K. in the U.S.)Mission of Burma
Mister Fingers
Bruce Mitchell
Joni Mitchell
Les Rita Mitsouko and Sparks
Hideki Mitsumori
Mk II
Gary Moberley
Model 500
Modern English
Fred Mollin
Moments of Ecstasy
C. Mondshine
Thelonius Sphere Monk
The Monkees
Monochrome Set
Monsoon
Matthew Montfort
Montreaux
Ronnie Montrose
Monty Python
Moody Blues
Christy Moore/Paul Doran
Gary Moore
Patrick Moraz
Simon Moreton
Timothy Morgan
Ennio Moricone
Paul Morley
Georgio Moroder
Georgio Moroder & Philip Oakley
Jim Morrison
Morrissey
Steve Morse Band
Simon Morton
Mike Mothersbaugh
Rob Mounsey + The Flying Monkey Orchestra
Mr Fingers
Mud Honey
Muddy Waters
Gerry Mulligan
Kazuyo Muramoto
Maurice Murphy
Peter Murphy
Michael Murray
The Musicians of the Nile
My Bloody Valentine
The N
Youssou N'Dour & Gabriel
Tsugio Nabeshima
Andy Narell
NASA
Nature
Negativland
BJ Nelson
Brenda Nelson
Neneh Cherry
Neon
Carol Nethen
Neuronium
New American Orchestra
New Edition
New Musik
New Order
New Percussion Group of AmsterdamRandy Newman
Gerry Niewood
Niggers With Attitude
Night Arc
Night Writers
Nightnoise
Nikki Sudden
Tessa Niles
Nine Inch Nails
Nitro Deluxe
West Nkosi
Klaus Nomi
Peter Noone
Pieter Nooten
Jessye Norman
Peter North
Nothing But the Girl
Gary Numan
Nurse With Wound
Mildred Nyembe
Sinead O'Connor
Patrick O'Hearn
Alexander O'Neal
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Dick Oats/Dial & Oats
The Ocean Blue
Oingo Boingo
Mike Oldfield
Sally Oldfield
On It
On The House
Hideo Ono
William Orbit
Orchestral Manoevers In The Dark
Donny Osmond
P'Cock
Carl Palmer
David Palmer
Phil Palmer
Pankow
Parachute Men
Paradise
Park Ave
Daniel Parker
John Parsons
The Alan Parsons Project
Steve Parsons
Harry Partch
The Party
Jaco Pastorius
Pbf
Peak
Monica Pege
Dave Pegg
Janice Pendarvis
Leon Pendarvis
Doane Perry
Craig Peyton
Craig Peyton & Ben Verdery (Latitude)
Pfortune
Phase II
Anthony Phillips
Phil Phillips & The Twilights
Ray Phiri
Phuture
Lenny Pickett
Pierre's Fantasy Club
Kate Pierson
Camilla Pilkington
Pink Floyd
Judith Pintar
Pixies
Robert Plant, Gary Brooker, Midge Ure
Robert Plant
Plastic People of the Universe
Pleasure Thieves
Pleasure Zone
The Police
Michael Pluznick
The Pogues
The Pointer Sisters
Scritti Politti
Doc Pomus
Daniel Ponce
Sanford Ponder
The Poorboys
Andy Powell
Presto
Primal Scream
Prince
Jamie Principle
Bill Pritchard
Propaganda
The Prophet L- Cee
Psyche
Public Enemy
Public Image Ltd
Puck Fair
PW&L
Q. Lazzarus
David Qualey
Queen
Quest
Quiet Force
Mike Quinn
Bill Quist
Trevor Rabin
Radio Free
The Ramones
Paulo Ramos Band
Hossam Ramzy
Raze
Chris Rea
Giles Reaves
Recoil
Red Flag
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Leon Redbone
Lou Reed
Reese
R.E.M.
The Replacements
Revenge
Rheingold
Rhythm & Noise
Rhythm Devils
Rhythm Is Rhythm
The Rhythm Methodists
Rhythm Tribe
Boyd Rice
Robert Rich
Richie Rich
Frank Ricotti
K. Riemann
Michael Riesman
Terry Riley
Rio Rhythm
Rippingtons
Risque III
Risque Inc
Risque Rhythm Team
Risse
Ian Ritchie
Lee Ritenour
Sam Rivers
Steve Roach
Curtis Roads
Rob Base and DJ Eazy Rock
Paul Robinson
Robotiko Rejekto
Maggie Roche
Suzie Roche
Terre Roche
Rocky Hill
Rocky Jones
Nile Rodgers
Carmine Rojas
Emilio Roma
Ralphi Rosario
Leonard Rosenman
Thom Rotella Band
Uli Jon Roth
Peter Rowan
Royal Crescent Mob
Royal Marines and the Black Watch
Royalty
Rubaja and Hernandez
Bernardo Rubaja
Ruben Y Alfonso Ramos & Texas Revolution
Rubicon
Nick Rudd
David Rudder
David Rudder & Charlie's Roots
David Rudder & Margareth Menezes
Nancy Rumbel
Run DMC
Todd Rundgren
Rush
Russel/Alford
Mike Rutherford
The Rutles
S-Express
Sade
Gaynor Sadler
Safe
Philippe Saisse
Ryuichi Sakamoto
Ryuichi Sakamoto and Aiko Yano
Sara K.
Jean Paul Sartre
Joe Satriani
Jesse Saunders
Kevin Saunderson
Peter Scherer
Peter Schilling
Johannes Schmoelling
Fred Schneider
Conrad Schnitzler
Schoener Summers Sting
Schonherz & Scott
Mario Schonwalder
Robert Schroeder
Kristian Schultze
Klaus Schulze
K Schulze & A Grosser
Diter Schutz
Patti Scialfa
Tom Scott
Bob Seger
Peter Seiler
John Selolwane
John Serrie
Sex Pistols
John Seydewitz
Shadowfax
Shakespear's Sister
Shakti
Shango
Shankar and the Epidemics
Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass
Ravi Shankar Project
Ravi Shankar
Colin Sheen
Martin Sheen
Sheik Fawaz
Shelleyan Orphan
Johnny Shines
Shockabilly
Mark Shreeve
Shriekback
Shrieve & Beal
Shrieve & Roach
Michael Shrieve
Jane Siberry
Sickmob
Ben Sidran
Signal Aout 42
Sigue Sigue Sputnik
Silly Sisters
Alan Silvestri
Frank Simms
Paul Simon
Simple Minds
Stephen Singleton
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Sisterhood
Sisters of Mercy
Skafish
Sky
Don Slepian
Marcia Sloane
Bert Smaak
Paul Smith
Steve Smith & Vital Information
Tony Smith
The Smiths
Smooth
Don Snow
Phoebe Snow
Software
Soul II Soul
The Soup Dragons
Richard Souther
Spacemen 3
Chris Spedding
Spencer Brewer & Nancy Rumbel
David Spinozza
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Squire
Chris Squire
Heiner Stadler
Carl Stalling
Ringo Starr
Michael Stearns
Steel Pulse
Steeleye Span
Ira Stein and Russel Walder
Steinski and Mass Media
Leni Stern
Sterling Void
Stetasonic
Steve Silk Hurley with Risse
Winston Steward
Rod Stewart
Sting
Miriam Stockley
The Stone Roses
The Stony Steps
Liz Story
Tim Story
Alastair Stout
Richard Strange & The Engine RoomRichard Strauss
Strawbs
Keith Strickland
Strunz & Farah
Subject
The Sugarcubes
Sugardog
Sukay
Yma Sumac
Donna Summer
Andy Summers
Sun Ra
Ric Swanson
Sweet D
Sweet Tee
Swing Out Sister
Sybil
David Sylvian
Synergy
T Coy
T'Pau
Billy Tailor
James Talbot
Talk Talk
The Tams
Tangerine Dream
Tangerine Dream & Jon Anderson
Alistair Taylor
John Taylor
Linda Taylor
Tears for Fears
Ten City
John Tesh
The THE
They Might Be Giants
This Mortal Coil
Chris Thomas
David Thomas
Danny Thompson
Richard Thompson
Mike Thorne
Phil Thorton
Those Who Have Gone Before
Pat Thrall
3
Throwing Muses
Matthias Thurow
Richard Tibbitts
The Timelords
Tim Timmermans & Skipper Wise
Eric Tingstad, Nancy Rumbel
Tinklers
To Hell With Burgundy
Todd Terry
The Tom Tom Club
Tomita
Tone Loc
Too Cool Posse
Darryl Tookes
Liz Torres
Toto
Touch
Pete Townshend
Toyah
Trak This
Trapezoid
Tri Atma
Tri Atma & Klais Netzle
Trickbeat
Triumvirat
John Tropea
Tuck and Patti
Jimi Tunnell
Ted Turner
Tina Turner
Steve Turre
Two Nice Girls
Two Puertoricans, A Black Man and a DominicanBonnie Tyler
"Blue" Gene Tyranny
Tyree Cooper
U2
UB40
UB40 & Chrissy Hynde
Pere Ubu
Ultra Vivid Scene
Ultravox
Underworld
Unity
The Unknown Cases
Midge Ure
Van Morrison
Van Morrison & The Chieftans
David Van Tieghem
Jeroen Van Tyn
Steven Van Zandt & Simple Minds
Townes Van Zandt
Jasper Van't Hof
Vangelis & Jon Anderson
Vangelis Papathanassiou
Various
Various - Soundtrack
Nana Vasconcelos
Nana Vasconcelos & The BushdancersSuzanne Vega
The Ventures
Peter-John Vettese
Kristen Vigard
Virginia
Virgo
Vivaldi
Andreas Vollenweider
Thilo Von Westernhagen
Voodooquist
John Waite
Tom Waits
Dave Wakeling
Rick Wakeman
Wall of Voodoo
Walton
Wang Chung
Was (Not Was)
Rob Wasserman & Aaron Nevell
Roger Waters
David Watt
Wavestar
Waxman
Jeff Wayne
Kim Wear
Weather Report
Nick Webb
Tessa Webb
Ian Weide
Benjy Wertheimer
Leslie West
John Wetton
Gib Wharton
Alan White
Andrew White
Karyn White
Mark White
Brenda White-King
Whitesnake
Chris Whitten
Who
The Whole Story
The Wild Swans
Will Downing
David Williams
Joe Williams
John Williams
Lucinda Williams
Mason Williams
Mason Williams & Mannheim SteamrollerWillie Wonka
Brian Wilson
Cindy Wilson
Danny Wilson
Diane Wilson
Nancy Wilson
Ricky Wilson
Win
Winger
George Winston
Paul Winter
Steve Winwood
Wishbone Ash
The Wiz
Wolfgang Press
Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk
Sang Won Park
Stevie Wonder
Jim Wood
Working Week
World Party
Bernie Worrell
Janet Wright
Robert Wyatt
The Wygals
Pete Wylie
Xmal Deutschland
Xperiment
XTC
Yanni
Yazoo
Yello
Yes
Christopher Young
Young MC
Atsuko Yuma
Z Factor
Z'ev
Mahmoud Tabrizi Zadeh
Frank Zappa
Jimmy "Z" Zavala
Hans Zimmer
Vincenzo Zitello
ZZ Top

Eclectic Music is a production of

                     Datta Production and Development
                              905 97th Street
                             Kenosha, WI 53140

                          datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu

This survey was brought to you via computer resources courtesy of
University of Wisconsin-Parkside and Datta Production and Development.

All of the opinions in this survey belong to the respective authors and
do not necessarily agree with those of Datta Production and Development.
Datta Production and Development is not affiliated with University Of
Wisconsin - Parkside or the University of Wisconsin System.
--
-Dave 	datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu [....uwm!uwpvacs!datta]

Don't you wish there was good fractal technology in the 60's?