Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

"Anybody who has been concerned and involved with pop in its purest
sense over the last 15 years will have favourite Bushy moments . . ."

"Then there's the preposterously good records."

"So Kate free-falls through 'The Kick Inside'. 'Lionheart', 'Never For
Ever', 'The Dreaming', 'Hounds Of Love', and 'The Sensual World', while
the listener crawls along these womb-like air-ducts with a mixture of
fascination, awe, suspense, trauma and profound irritation.  That's more
than we expect from pop music and it's more than we deserve.  Nice,
fantastic, amazing."

Here's a real strange line:  "The elegiac 'Night Of The Swallow' appears
to be a comment on the sense of humour in the female genitals.  Nice one
Kate!"  In fact, this guy seems to have very strange ideas about several
of Kate's songs.

4. I was browsing in Tower Books in San Mateo today, and the clerk put
on the second side of _The Sensual World_, and played it all the way
through.  Naturally, I congratulated her on her good taste.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov