Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW Box Set

From: bcstec!tahoma!dgs1300@uunet.UU.NET (Don G. Scheidt)
Date: 28 Nov 90 21:34:51 GMT
Subject: TWW Box Set
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

People have been paying about what I expected for an import set of CD's,
in the US $150-180 range.  So I was rather pleasantly surprised on the
Friday after Thanksgiving (23 Nov 1990), when I drove up to Vancouver,
B.C. (easy to do from Seattle) and did a little CD shopping.  In the A&A
shop on Seymour Street, downtown, I spied TWW, boxed and wrapped.  The
sticker on the box had a UK serial number, not a Canadian domestic release,
which doesn't exist - they're all British or Japanese, as far as I can tell.

But the sticker that caught my fancy was the price tag: CAN $104.99!!

Yes, for about US $93, I bought the CD version of the TWW box set, all
six original CD's plus the two compilations, booklet, and set of stickers.
And yes, all the CD's are of British manufacture, which is quite nice - I
have the original US Columia release of TSW, with the hard-to-read lettering
on the cover, and an American NfE.  Very pleasant to have the British
versions of these two.  And the two compilations mean that all the my KT
12" singles and my Box of 7" singles can continue to quietly gather
dust, like most of my vinyl.  Pretty good deal - I would encourage those of
us Americans who can, to check out Canadian shops.  Either the set was
mistakenly underpriced, or they were priced to move!

Don
dgs1300@tahoma
...!uunet!bcstec!tahoma!dgs1300