Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

comments on comments

From: justin@lspsun1.epfl.ch
Date: 28 Nov 90 19:07 +0100
Subject: comments on comments
Sender: justin@iro.umontreal.ca

I don't have much to add to convention reports... but I certainly
appreciated the ones that everyone else has sent, to fill in all
the things I missed!

> Really-From: Andrew B Marvick <abm4@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu>
>
> The subjeKT being so special, IED has been persuaded to allow Andrew
> Marvick to address the Love-Hounds personally. This will _not_ happen
> again.

Reading between the lines, I detect a note of frustration in IED's
words, and I think the reason might be...
Andrew Marvick abandoned IED in New York and wouldn't let him come!!!
(May IED forgive me this rash disclosure, or correct me if I err.)

> Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

> "Ne  T'en Fuis Pas" -- B-side for "There Goes A Tenner"

EMI insists on printing this title incorrectly.  It should be
"Ne t'enfuis pas", which is how it appears on the French and
Canadian single (the one that has "Un baiser d'enfant" on the
other side).  Unfortunately the EMI France and Canada correction
seems never to have made it back to Britain, so the incorrect
title appears in This Woman's Work!  grrrrr!

> Actually, I know of *four* different covers of _The Kick Inside_.  There's
> the British one, which is in the Box Set, from what I understand.  There's
> the original American one, which is still the Canadian cover.  This is
> sometimes called the "Oh, my aching hair" cover.

Still the Canadian cover - but not on CD!  The country-western cover
has been used on all the CDs of The Kick Inside from EMI Canada,
except for the few copies of the British edition that they distributed
in 1985 and 1986.  (Unless something has changed in the past few months.)

justin