Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Canadian Videos

From: nv89-pyl@nada.kth.se (Patrik Yle'n)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 90 13:01:21 GMT
Subject: Re: Canadian Videos
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <17341.9011221402@basil.eng.cam.ac.uk> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Pablo Iglesias <pi@engineering.cambridge.ac.uk>
>
>I'm visiting Canada and the US during the next month and I'd like to
>pick up some Kate-stuff while I'm away.
>
>Can someone tell me what KaTe videos are available in Canada
>right now?   I understand that Live at Hammersmith isn't available in
>the US anymore but I was wondering whether this might still be
>available in Canada.

Are you aware that the US and England have different TV-standards?
In the UK you have PAL, and in the US NTSC....
Which means you won`t be able to play US tapes in a UK VCR.

/Patrik.

Patrik Yle'n, University of Stockholm.  "Ordinary" mail: Patrik Ylen
Email: nv89-pyl@nada.kth.se                              Terapiv. 16E
                                                         141 56 Huddinge
                                                         Sweden