Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Convention!!!!!!!

From: ***SEMPSY*** <sre017%cck.cov.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 90 13:59:08 WET
Subject: Convention!!!!!!!

What is coming is my report of the convention:
        1990 KB Convention or A Day In The Life Of A Love-Hound!!
It was an absolutely brilliant day,one which I'll never forget!!The doors opened
at around 11.20,I headed straight for the merchandise desk.They were selling
blue convention t-shirts with the new symbol,badges,KBC back issues,posters,Tour
programmes,1985 convention t-shirts etc!!They were also giving out posters and
badges free(not bad eh?).Throughout the day they showed a compilation(called
'this woman's work') of foreign peformances,rare clips etc;this was shown in 3
parts.They showed the special Hitchcock 'Hounds Of Love' done for the last
convention again,plus a video of the 1986 video party.At the end of 'This Womans
work' they showed a new video set to the song 'Reaching Out',compiling different
clips from over the years;this was absolutely stunning!!Over the day various
fans appeared doing their own versions of Kate's songs,all of them were very
impressive(they certainly had guts!!).Del Palmer appeared in the afternoon to
auction his stage passes and a photo card as well.Paddy picked out the raffle
tickets,and one of our own love-hounds won a signed promo video(well done Neil!)
All proceeds from the day went to the A.I.D.S charity 'Terence Higgins Trust'.
The quiz was held in the afternoon(3.30 ish),20 questions were set.I think it is
fair to say that most teams got around 18/19 except for the winners who got 20.
The question that stumped most was 'Who was the director of the Cloudbusting
Video?',the answer being Julian Doyle.Then Evan Welsh, Colin Davidson and
myself managed to get to the front of the stage.Then.................
Kate appeared to deafening applause.Earlier in the day we had been asked to
write down  questions with our names on paper.Kate then proceeded to pick them
out of a box,read them out,the person who's question got picked,then had the
chance to ask Kate themselves.I'll leaver it to someone else to remember the
individual questions.Tho' one question no-one will forget,was one about touring
SHE MIGHT BE TOURING AT THE END OF NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If she does Kate says announcements will be made in January.............
LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then Kate asked for some silence for Al Murphy and Gary Hurst,and she sang a
short new version of 'My Lagan Love' with new lyrics.I was that engrossed with
her singing,I didn't get chance to copy down the lyrics,though basically they
were about thanking the fans for their love and dediKation.The flowers from
Love-Hounds reached Kate,I think she was certainly overwhelmed with the love
by the fans.Thanks to all the organisers,though especially to Kate who made it
all happen.I hope I see you all at the end of next year again,this time for the
TOUR!!!!......I CAN't WAIT!!!!
It was very nice to see the following Love-Hounds at the convention(apologies
if I missed  your name on the following list,I couldn't remember everybody!):
Evan Welsh,Neil Calton,Colin Davidson,Andrew Marvick,Vickie & Chris(I'm glad
you liked the Q mag),Jorn Barger,Chris Ridd,Ed Suranyi(smaller than I had
expected!!),Graham Dombkins,Meridith Tarr,Larry Hernandez,Stephen 'J' Carter,
Jem Carroll,Greg Bossert and Rick(thanks for the directions!!!).
__
  ()                           Andrew Semple
  /\                           Coventry Polytechnic,
 /  )  _   ____  _   _    , ,  Priory Street,     JANET:sre017@uk.ac.cov.cck
/__/__</__/ / <_/_)_/_)__(_/_  Coventry.       Home Tel:(0203) 672308
'I'm happy hope you're happy too.One flash of light,but no smoking,pissed off!
I've never done  good things,I've never done bad things,I never did anything out
of the blue.What is next to break the ice,I wanna come down right now.Ashes to
ashes funk to funky we know Major Tom's a junkie,stuck out in heaven's high,
hitting that all time low!' David Bowie 1980