Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailing list proposal (nothing to do with KT)

From: @gaffa.MIT.EDU:depeche@cs (Acme Instant Dehydrated Boulder Kit)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 90 13:47:37 EST

If you are not interested in Legendary Pink Dots, hit the "n" key now.

This message was posted to rec-music-gaffa because there are many people on
this list who have very modern tastes in music and who don't subscribe to
rec-music-misc.

I am seriously thinking of starting a Legendary Pink Dots discussion
mailing list. For those of you unfamiliar with this group, they are from
the netherlands and sing really depressing, pretentious and mind-blowing
music, and use electronic, classical and other types of instruments
and sampled sounds to invade your senses. To my
knowledge, there are no other gruops which do anything even remotely
resembling the style of music that you will hear from the LPDs.

Other topics will include Edward Ka-Spel's solo projects and collaborations
with other groups, and it might expand to other groups which are inspired
by or similar to the LPDs (if there are any).

If you are intersted in subscribing to such a list, please send me e-mail.
If there is enough interest, I think it will be started before the end of 1990.

               "Sing while you may... For it may not be so for long....."

AND NOTE : PLEASE send a private reply - do not use the "r"eply option if
you are reading news, as it will cause a PUBLIC FOLLOWUP to this message on
love-hounds and I don't want to start a LPD thread on this base, since it
has no immediate relevance to Kate Bush.

Thank you for your support.

--
|S. Alan Ezust                                |  depeche@cs.mcgill.ca       |
|McGill University School of Computer Science |  Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |