Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Natalie Cole covers a Kate song

From: "Robert M. Kelner" <KELNER@ll.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 90 10:33:45 -0500
Subject: Natalie Cole covers a Kate song

  I'm very far behind in reading LH (10 month or so.  I'll probably never
catch up) so maybe this has been mentioned:
  Last night on the Arsineo Hall show he had Natalie Cole.  When I tuned in
she was singing "The Man with the Child in his Eyes".  The audience seemed to
love it!  When she sat down and Arsineo started talking to her he asked her to
tell about that song.  She said it was from Kate Bush.  She said she usually
doesn't cover songs but every once in a while she finds one she really wants
to do and that was one of them.  She said she's never recorded it and this was
the first time she's performed it in this country (implying that she's done it
elsewhere).  Then they changed the topic