Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A devine religious experience

From: The Holy Lunching Friars of Voondoon <CARROLLJ%ALCBAN@KRDC.INT.Alcan.CA>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 90 08:39:00 EST
Subject: A devine religious experience

Hi,
        Jem here. Ive been reading Love-hounds for about a year or so now,
never really been into KT (certainly no LoveHound), but its allways been
a good source of info on many things, and hell, the people are nice. Ive made
the odd contribution, but nothing KT relaTed.

        About two weeks ago, something very strange happened.

After a year of having no Hi-Fi, I moved all my gear onto the boat where I live,
and was listening to all sorts of stuff.
One evening I put on Fairport Conventions "In Real Time" and played it really
low. At the end of 'The Hiring Fair' a track which is soooo mellow, you can't
play anything after it unless its even more mellow, I looked for something
else to put on that would keep me in the same mood.

        At the back of the tape drawers I found a tape I'd forgotten I owned...

It said.....            Kate Bush...Lionheart.

Ok, thinks me. Lets see what these LoveHounds have been raving about.

Tape in.
Close drawer.
Play........
(Listening to tape)

        (OHMYGODWHATTHEHELLISHAPPENINGITISNTSUPPOSEDTOBELIKETHIS!)

...........End of tape.

Ill leave you to work out what happened while it was playing, I'm sure you
have all gone through the same, somewhat indescribeable experience.
Needless to say, the end of the tape finds me sitting perfectly still,
in a daze, sweating slightly (I kid you not).

That was two weeks or so ago. Now, having had no money to buy any more albums,
my copy of Lionheart has just about had it. I have been listening to it
CONSTANTLY since I heard it. We are talking 4 or 5 times an evening, playing,
turning over, playing again, and so on.
I managed to find a copy of The Whole Story video, brand new, on a market stall
for a fiver (borrowed the money straight away!).

My local record shop's going to love me when I get paid!!!

One of the nicest things (and the reason for this note) is that It probably
would never have happened if it were not for me reading this list. I really
picked up on it because I could recognise bits before Id even heard it. You
dont read a list like this for a year and not learn anything.
What I'm trying to say is THANKYOU LoveHounds for making me actually pick up
the tape and listen. You don't know how good it makes me feel.

Guess I'm too late for the Con. though :-(

Cuddles, kisses and general KaTeness,
                Jem.
                < carrollj%alcban@krdc.int.alcan.ca >
" When all the alley cats come out, I can hear music from Kashkas house..."