Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More on Box in Boston (esp. to |>oug)

From: Liz Bonesteel <eboneste@BBN.COM>
Date: 12 Nov 90 14:27:52 GMT
Subject: More on Box in Boston (esp. to |>oug)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@BBN.COM

Well, someone dropped me a "caveat" line and suggested I might have
ordered LPs instead of CDs, so Friday afternoon I dropped by again.
The guy called his distributor in my presence and confirmed that yes,
indeed, they were ordering CDs; although the price quoted this time
was $130-$150.  I reiterated my enthusiastic desire to have a copy,
and even offered to pay for it on the spot (they said no thanks).  I
think they think I'm kind of a loon....

Anyway.  |>oug, I'd have replied personally, but I stupidly deleted
the message before I was able to reply.  I've had very few dealings
with Second Coming, apart from a few bootlegs; but Newbury Comics'
distributor seems pretty certain of the price.  However, since they
weren't willing to actually promise anything, I wouldn't be surprised
if the price leaps to over $200 when the thing finally arrives.  (They
think it might be in this week, so I'll let you know.)

Liz