Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ZED ZEPPELIN was Re: I GOT THE BOXED SET (in California, no less!!)

From: tlhouns@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: 7 Nov 90 17:00:54 GMT
Subject: ZED ZEPPELIN was Re: I GOT THE BOXED SET (in California, no less!!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1990Nov7.023928.2231@cs.uow.edu.au> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: munnari!cs.uow.edu.au!u8706672@uunet.UU.NET (John Quintal)
>>Really-From: tlhouns@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
>>This must be some kinda record for me.. I've bought two boxed sets
>>inside one week.  First the new Led Zeppelin set (it's fantastic)..
>
>	What's in this Led Zeppelin set??!! I have to know!!

The Led Zeppelin set (released about 2 weeks ago) is four disks with much of
LZ's music from their 10 albums and a few songs which were never released.
None of the songs were re-mixed, but all of them were re-mastered (by Jimmy
Page)- most from the original master tapes.  I notice better music fidelity
with this set as compared to earlier Zeppelin disks, but I have heard of others
who have bought the set and don't notice too much difference.  I have a fairly
high-end music system at home, and for me on my system the new set is far
superior sounding.  I paid $64 for the set, but I've since seen it other places
for less.  The cheapest price I've heard so far is the "price club" where it
was reportedly selling for $39.95.  The set comes in a large, album-sized box
with an album sized book of zeppelin interviews and pictures.  As for the disks
themselves:

    disk 1 is 72:18 minutes long
    disk 2 is 73:42 minutes long
    disk 3 is 71:48 minutes long
    disk 4 is 72:26 minutes long

    disk 1 contains:
	Whole lotta love
	Heartbreaker
	Communication breakdown
	Babe I'm gonna leave you
	What is and what should never be
	Thank you
	I can't quit you baby
	Dazed and confused
	Your time is gonna come
	Ramble on
	Travelling riverside blues
	Friends
	Celebration day Hey hey what can I do
	White summer/black mountain side

    disk 2 contains:
	Black dog
	Over the hills and far away
	Immigrant song
	The battle of evermore
	Bron-y-aur stomp
	Tangerine
	Going to California
	Since I've been loving you
	D'yer Mak'er
	Gallows Pole
	Custard pie
	Misty mountain hop
	Rock and roll
	The rain song
	Stairway to heaven

    disk 3 contains:
	Kashmir
	Tranpled under foot
	For your life
	No quarter
	Dancing days
	When the levee breaks
	Achilles last stand
	The song remains the same
	Ten years gone
	In my time of dying

    disk 4 contains
	In the evening
	Candy store rock
	The ocean
	Ozone baby
	Houses of the holy
	Wearing and Tearing
	Poor tome
	Nobody's fault but mine
	Fool in the rain
	In the light
	The wanton song
	Moby Dick
	Bonzo's montreux
	I'm gonna crawl
	All my love

I'm interested in hearing how many other KaTe fans out there also like the
Zep..  I find that for myself I listen primarily to KaTe and Zep music.
Even though I have a very large music collection, those are the performers
I keep coming back to.  Get this set if you like the Zep.

Lee Hounshell