Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: asking for comments

From: Andreas Bjorklind <abj@IDA.LiU.SE>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 90 09:16:37 +0100
Subject: Re: asking for comments

Reply to Tom Coleman's message.

I saw your request for comments on the follwing records:

Tom> and I'd like to hear any opinions on them: Bird In Hand boot
Tom>  Cathy Demos Vol 2
Tom>  Experiment IV EP - this seems most interesting with the alternate
Tom> vocal to Wuthering Heights.

I hope you haven't been swamped by now, but here we go with my
opinions on the three albums.

First, if I were you and didn't have any of them: I'd have bought
all of them! But, I'm a bit of a fanatical collector... Let's go
through them (I hope I get everything correct :-) ):

1) _A_Bird_in_the_Hand_: [I unfortunately DO NOT own this] this
should be a single LP. On it you'll find 9 of the 12 tracks from
the Hammersmith Odeon video tape. It is reportedly a VERY poor stereo
dub from the video audio.

2) _Cathy_Demos_, vol 2: [I do not own this either, but I have
_Cathy's_Album_ which includes the songs on _Cathy_Demos_, vol 2]
This is a 7" with the demo recordnings of the songs "Kashka from
Baghdad", "Coming Up", "Oh, To Be In Love", "Playing Canasta" (or,
"Playing Canasta In Cold Rooms"), and "Snow" (or "Set In The Snow").
This is a fun record to have if you want a peek at Kate's early
voice and style. Not to be bought for the audio quality, of course!

3) _Experiment_IV_, 12": This is a good buy! It's official, which means
better audio (should do, anyway...). The "Experiment IV" track is a 12-
inch remix of the song. The "Wuthering Heights" version is the same
as on _The_Whole_Story_. Is this the 12" with "December
Will Be Magic Again" on it? In that case: BUY IT!!! You'll never
regret it.

Hope this will help you a bit!

In LUX,
/Andreas
|K   Mr. Andreas BjorKlind, DeparTmenT of KompuTer and KaTeology      B |
|A Science, KaTeLAB, LinKoping UniversiTy, S-581 83 LinKoping, Sweden.U |
|T        Tel. +46 13 28 19 69, InTerneT: abj@ida.liu.se,             S |
|E         UUCP: sunic!liuida!abj, BiTneT: abj@seliuida               H |