Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Record Collector article. Was Re: _Goldmine_ arTiKle!-Jap. box?-KT4sale!

From: E Welsh <ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 29 Oct 90 11:47:56 GMT
Subject: Record Collector article. Was Re: _Goldmine_ arTiKle!-Jap. box?-KT4sale!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Larry-H writes:

>The Early Years (existence is highly questionalble) has been listed
> as from East & West Germany ??, has been listed as legit and bootleg
> ??. I would really appreciate some info, I do not think the article
> in R.C. is
>accurate.  <If ANYONE has access to this article he references, which
>I assume is from _Record Collector_, PLEASE post it!  I'm very curious
>what this article said!!>

I will post this some time over the next few days.

While I'm here I might as well transcribe this little piece from NME
27/10/90 (or 10/27/90!!!)

AT HOME WITH THE BUSHS

(SCENE: A softly-lit conservatory, in a leafy backwater of Surrey. Dr
Bush sucking on his stout briar, grapples with The Lancet crossword. Mrs
Bush weaves an elaborate tapestry on her hand loom. Brother Paddy sits
on the floor, picking his nose and eating it. Kate Bush enters wearing a
Victorian smock, her arms flailing wildly).
KATE: Mummy! Daddy! Look! I'm a tree!
DR BUSH: Well done, Kate.
MRS BUSH: Yes, what purity of expression.
PADDY: Look, dad, I've made a galleon out of toothpicks.
DR BUSH: Shut up Paddy. Now then, Kate. How was your day at the Syd
Barret Convent For Winsome & Gifted Young Women?
KATE: Wow! We did Winnie The Pooh in drama and movement class! I was
Kanga and everyone said I was the best.
DR BUSH: Well done, Kate. Come here and give your old daddy a cuddle.
PADDY: I've been accepted at the Sorbonne. Not bad for an 11-year old,
eh?
KATE: Yawno! Look at this picture I've drawn
MRS BUSH: That's very good, Kate. What is it?
KATE: It's our house on fire and me saving everybody in it!
DR BUSH: Well done, Kate! Yes, I see now. Look, there's me and mummy.
PADDY: Where am I?
KATE: You burned to death! Ha! Ha!
DR BUSH: Yes. Ha! Ha! Kate
PADDY: I split the atom on my way home from rugger.
KATE: I'll split your lip in a minute you boring old fart. (Kate grabs
for her mother's loom and stuns Paddy with it.)
DR BUSH: Well done, Kate.
MRS BUSH: Herbal tea, anyone?

____________________________________
This is me again...
There is a 3"x4" piccy of Kate looking winsome & gifted, poking her head
out from between two trees to accompany this interesting little
composition. If you feel sorry for Paddy, just remember Jay doesn't even
get a mention. The author is not specified, although the page is edited
by Stuart Maconie. It's a collection of titbits about various
personalities.
Hope you found it amusing...

Any British love-hounds want to make up a team for the con. quiz?
Wait ... any love-hounds AT ALL want to make up a team for the quiz. We don't
want to start splitting up into factions. A mixed team would probably do
better anyway. I'm still not attached to a team so anyone in a similar
position, why not mail me?
Andrew, why not disclose details of your team if you've managed to get
one together?

Evan...

--
/  __               /\ ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk /\ Are you selling your \