Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The box set in western MA...

From: asdurbin@amherst.bitnet ( (Andrew Durbin, Amherst College, MA))
Date: 27 Oct 90 15:12:02 GMT
Subject: The box set in western MA...
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, drove on over to Northampton, MA, yesterday, to peek in at
  Main Street Records and see if they had gotten the box set in yet.
  Sure enough, there were about four copies of it sitting behind the
  wrapped in plastic, beckoning my already-too-full Mastercard.

I asked the guy behind the counter if I might see one of them.  I
  was amazed at its massiveness, the wonderful simplicity and
  understated elegance of the box itself.  Preparing myself for a
  shock, I turned it over to see what it was priced at.  My worst
  fears were realized...$216.97.  Just about $27 per disc.  Good
  lord almighty.  I've never heard of a CD being that expensive.
  Even strange imports from Japan don't cost that much.  Not to
  say, of course, that it isn't worth it.

I'm afraid the ol' box set is going to have to wait.  Can anyone
  quote me prices from Tower, Newbury Comics, or any other decent
  place in Boston?  What are the best places overall to find good
  KaTe stuff in Boston?

Wistfully,
asd