Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Goldmine_ arTiKle!-Jap. box?-KT4sale!

From: think!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!L-H@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 90 23:31:38 PDT
Subject: _Goldmine_ arTiKle!-Jap. box?-KT4sale!

Fr: Larry Hernandez (L-H@cup.portal.com)

Hello everyone,

Nope, no more flaming about the slow pass-along, this is GOOD news!
:-)

I today receiveda mailing from C-Side Records that contains
information I know will be interesting to Love-Hounds, so I thought
I'd transcribe part of it.  In addition to some neat stuff for sale,
Tom Richards (the owner) has some information to pass along to his
mailing list.  I've told him in the past about L-Hs, so I'm sure he
wouldn't mind me doing this.  Besides, he's seeking help from
Katefans, and we all know that there are NO truer Katefans than we who
are Love-Hounds.  In addition to the _Goldmine_ news, he writes of the
upcoming _TWW_ boxed set, which may shed more light on the Japanese
"extra cuts" box or which may serve to add more confusion to the
situation.  I'll let you wonder about it; as for me, I'm beginning to
think that the Japanese pressings will contain _no_ extra cuts.  Here
is a selected portion of the mailing, verbatim.  I'll also include
some of the more rare things he has for sale.

Kate Bush Set Sale
C-Side Records
P.O. Box 8456
Clearwater, Florida 34618  (813)-461-4327

Finally, a new Kate list.  Sorry for the delay but finding enough new
stuff to warrant sending a revised list to two hundred Kate collectors
is tough.  I have also been working with GILLIAN GAAR on a feature
article about Kate for _Goldmine_ magazine, which is finally done, but
now _Goldmine_ wants an accompanying article listing the top 50 or 100
of the rarest Kate Bush records in the world (with photos of some).
Fortunately I was able to con my good friend JAIME LONGO of California
into helping me on this venture, as it is not an easy task at all.

I have also been working with DAWN VISCONTI (a writer for L.S.L) on a
collectors corner type column for the new and highly recommended US
fanzine "Lone Star Lionhearts".

< L S L address and prices deleted >

Back to the top 100 list, if any of you have any extremely unusual
Kate items that Kate collectors in general are not aware of, please
send me details on the item so that it will be included in the top 100
list.  I realize that a perfect list would be impossible, but I intend
for this list to be as accurate as is humanly possible, so any help
will be greatly appreicated.  I am aware of a rare item that I need
more information about, someone up in Canada is supposed to have a
promotional interview cassette for LIONHEART or NEVER FOR EVER (most
likely), I need information on this so that it will be in the list.
Note that this is not the Canadian SENSUAL WORLD promotional interview
cassette.  This list needs to be completed A.S.A.P., it's completion
determines the release date of the feature article.  So if you have
something unusual, please write or call soon...THANKS!!

< more stuff deleted, but under the KATE BUSH ALBUMS heading: >

Kate Bush; Amiga East German Comp LP, Rare, VG/VG+, TOC, $30
Never For Ever; Bulgarian pressing, Balkanton label, M/M $24
Mini LP; US, Out of print, M/M $6
Whole Story; rare Czechoslovakian on Opus, M/M $24
Live in Bristol England 1979, beautiful 2 LP set M/M $25
Live in Manchester April 10th 1979, Seiko cover, 2 LP $24
Cathy's Album Vol. 1; US, new $12 (back in stock)
Cathy's Album Vol. 2; US, new $12 (back in stock)  <that's a good price!>
This Woman's Work box set; LP set abot $130, see CD....

<under the KATE BUSH CD'S heading:>

Kate Bush Box set; UK, CID 09, Interview, beautiful, N <?> $16
Burning Desire; UK CD, Hammersmith show, N, $25
Live at Hammersmith; now rare, great color cover, N, $40 <is this the
 dub from the Jap. laserdisk?>
If You Could See Me Fly; Cathy Demo's Vol 1 (from vinyl!!,
 the guy who did it didn't even use the better _Kashka_
 from Vol 2).  These are supposedly already out of print,
 I am supposed to get 10 more, but no promises.  I am
taking reservations on the 10 now.  UK, N, $25
This Woman's Work Box Set; Jap & UK, about $160 (call for $).
 Of the 200 my supplier is getting in, only 85 UK are
 spoken for, they are limited and being pressed in Japan,
 United Kingdom, and Canada for an estimated world total
 of 21,000 sets.  I hope to be able to get these for
 awhile, and from what I can see alot are being shipped
 to the United States.  Should be in stock in 2 weeks.

<under the KATE BUSH 45's heading:>

Singles File; UK box set w/book, all M-, I never thought I
would see a $200 on my list, butgave $233 in trade for
it, its the only one offered me in months!  Sorry.. $200
<under the KATE BUSH books, magazines, and misc. heading:>

Harvest bio for Kick Inside, 1 pg front and back, real photo
 of leotard shot.  Extremely rare & authentic M- $100
The Sensual World; Music book with poster, N, $18

<under the WANTS heading:>

The Kick Inside; UK white label promo, with folder cover and
 bio with glossy photo.
The Early Years (existence is highly questionalble) has
 been listed as from East & West Germany ??, has been
 listed as legit and bootleg ??. I would really appreciate
 some info, I do not think the article in R.C. is
accurate.  <If ANYONE has access to this article he references, which
I assume is from _Record Collector_, PLEASE post it!  I'm very curious
what this article said!!>

I find it interesting that he stated that only the UK _TWW_ CD boxed
set has been reserved by fans, and not the Japanese boxed set.  This
may be because the Japanese boxed set is due to come out later on, if
what someone posted earlier is correct.  Personally, I'd be more
interested in getting my paws on the Japanese-pressed set, not due to
the possibility of extra cuts, but just because I appreciate Japanese
quality.  Hmm, though; what is this about a Canadian-pressed set, I
wonder??  Now are we all confused the more??  Anyway, some of you
people with rare colleKTions might want to call Tom to help out with
his list!  I'm sure he'd appreciate it, as he stated, and it'll get
that _Goldmine_ article out that much sooner!  If nothing else, you
might want to get yourself on C-Side's mailing list.  There's lots
more stuff that I didn't transcribe for sale, likseven different
releases of the _RUTH_ 45, etc., etc., etc.  Oh, to be rich!

She really IS!

Larry (l-h@cup.portal.com)