Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: It is coming next friday!!!!!

From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)
Date: 23 Oct 90 04:42:52 GMT
Subject: Re: It is coming next friday!!!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In a recent article, colburn@handel.cs.colostate.edu (Alex Colburn) wrote:

>      The local CD stores have finally heard about the Boxed set!!!
>I put my order in and should have it Oct 24.   Unfortunately, it'll
>cost $175 (Visa just loves me!).  Has anyone else ordered their copy
>yet?  (I know, another stupid question)  How much are you paying?

The import buyer at my regular shop says he expects the CD set to cost
around $210 (U.S. bucks).  I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone
if you manage to get it for significantly less here in the States.
(If the price gets much worse, we might as well join the pilgrimage to
London for the Con, and pick it up first-hand.)

Leaving aside religious vinyl vs. CD debates, what do people think is
the way to go as far as "collectability" goes -- records or CD?  Again
skipping the religious aspect, which way as far as *sound* is
concerned?  Is anyone (besides myself) crazy enough to consider
getting the box set in both formats?

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve
Tandem Computers