Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

was: Re: HMV fax/phone numbers ...

From: locke@nike.paradyne.com (Richard Locke)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 90 11:42:40 GMT
Subject: was: Re: HMV fax/phone numbers ...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>> ordering the KT boxed
>> limited edition, by the time I get an order number there probably
>> won't be any boxed sets left.
>I would also be interested in more info on how to get hold of one of these

OK fans, it really looks like there's no need to panic about getting
a box set of "This Woman's Work".  From the C-Side Records flyer:

	THIS WOMAN'S WORK BOX SET; JAP & UK, ABOUT $160 (CALL FOR $)
	OF THE 200 MY SUPPLIER IS GETTING IN, ONLY 85 UK ARE SPOKEN FOR,
	THEY ARE LIMITED AND BEING PRESSED IN JAPAN,
	UNITED KINGDOM, AND CANADA FOR AN ESTIMATED WORLD TOTAL
	OF 21,000 SETS.  I *HOPE* TO BE ABLE TO GET THESE FOR AWHILE,
	AND FROM WHAT I CAN SEE ALOT ARE BEING SHIPPED
	TO THE UNITED STATES.  SHOULD BE IN STOCK IN 2 WEEKS.

You might want to call 813-461-4327 and try to talk to Tom Richards
about this, rather than calling across the Atlantic.  If you want to
avoid a long distance call, I could be persuaded to call him myself
since it's a local call.  Again, I've never done business with
this guy at all and have no connection with him or his company.

This is the first I've heard of a Canadian pressing.  I wonder if
it will be priced more reasonably for US buyers?  Anyway, 21,000
sets is not that limited at all; and at the prices required for it,
there will be plenty around for quite a while.

-dick