Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HMV fax/phone numbers ...

From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 90 15:26:04 PDT
Subject: Re: HMV fax/phone numbers ...

> From: cole@lea.csc.ncsu.edu (Robert Cole)

> Could someone please re-post or e-mail the info for ordering the KT
> boxed set from HMV (I believe that was the name)?

HMV stands for "His Master's Voice".  The company symbol is referred
to in the States as the RCA dog (Jack Russel terrier looking into the
cone of an antique phonograph). I am not sure if there is any
connection between the companies.  HMV does not have a record label or
publishing company of their own like RCA.  They are one of the UK's
big record chains along with Virgin Records and W.H Smith (a general
stationery store which also sells music).  The staff at HMV, upon my
experience seem a little better informed than those at Virgin Records.

This should be all the contact info you need.