Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: C Twins Cherry Coloured Funk reminds you of..?

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 90 2:00:10 EST
Subject: Re: C Twins Cherry Coloured Funk reminds you of..?
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

Paul R Mount sez:
> Anyone hear the Cocteau Twins' "Cherry Coloured Funk
> and have a kate Bush song come to mind.
> A style where two or four notes are kind of sing-song repeated
> over many lines in the song.

> or did I dream this?

you dreamt it. :)

in all seriousness though, i can't think of any song of KaTe's that
"cherry coloured funk" evokes memories of. sometimes, liz's vocals
reminded me of *styles* of KaTe's singing (as it does of chryssie
hynde and what's-her-name from the sundays - susan gehrman?), but
not of any specific songs.

interestingly enough the review of _heaven or las vegas_ from q said
liz's vocals make KaTe's seem like motorhead's in comparison in their
ability to float from etherealness to reality and then back.

woj

(got my tix for the twins in nyc - anybody else from the area going?)