Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Discography Archives

From: datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta)
Date: 10 Oct 90 23:29:00 GMT
Subject: Discography Archives
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uwm.edu

In my previous post, I forgot to mention that if you want any of the
discographies via e-mail, please mail me at datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu
with a list of your requests. I will be happy to mail any requested
information.

Also, due to the requests for the entire index file for the archives,
here it is:

These are the discographies available on vacs.uwp.wisc.edu
(131.210.1.1) by anonymous FTP. If you have a discography you would
like added, please mail datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu.

-Dave

File		Artist				Author
=============== =============================== ===================

aon		Art of Noise 		 	Lazlo Nibble
bauhaus		Bauhaus				Dan Kletter
buffett		Jimmy Buffett			Bill Hunter
bush		Kate Bush			Andrew Marvick
camper		Camper Van Beethoven		John Relph
cramps		Cramps 				John Reeves
cure		The Cure			Nancy Everson
cusco		Cusco				Dave Datta
depeche		Depeche Mode 		 	Robert Schmitz
devoto		Howard Devoto/Luxuria/Magazine	Colm Mulcahy
doors		Doors				Scott Galuska
dylan		Bob Dylan			Anthony Kapolka
eloy		Eloy				Dave Datta
erasure		Erasure				Cliff Chen
fall		The Fall			John ???
fgth		Frankie Goes To Hollywood	K. Bartholdsson,L. Nibble
foetus		Foetus/Jim Thirwell/Clint Ruin	Jeff Dauber
fourad.a	4AD Alphabetical List	 	Lars Ingebrigtsen
fourad.n	4AD Numerical List 	 	Lars Ingebrigtsen
gdead		Ptr to Grateful Dead archives
goldsmith	Jerry Goldsmith 	 	John Voesten
hammer		Jan Hammer			Geir Stensrud
hammill		Peter Hammil & with VdGG	Dave White
harper		Roy Harper			Paul Davison
hunters		Hunters and Collectors		John Relph
jarre		Jean-Michel Jarre 		Dave Datta
jazzbutc	Jazz Butcher			David Whittemore
john		Elton John			Paul Maclaunchlan
joydivis	Joy Division			Dan Kletter
kottke		Leo Kottke			Al Bowers
level42		Level 42			Lazlo Nibble
level42.cd	Level 42 CD releases		John Voesten
level42.song	Level 42 Song cross reference	John Voesten
level42.tracks	Level 42 CDs with tracks	John Voesten
lovich		Lene Lovich			John Relph
madness		Madness				Dan Kletter
minutemen	Minutemen			John Reeves
nakedray	Naked Raygun			Dan Kletter
narada		Narada Records			Dave Lampson
negativl	Negativland			Jeremy York
neworder	New Order			Greg Tsoutsas
neworder2	New Order			Dan Kletter
nma		New Model Army			John Relph
numan		Gary Numan 		 	Dave Datta
oldfield	Mike Oldfield 			Lazlo Nibble
poidog		Poi Dog Pondering		John Relph
ponty		Jean-Luc Ponty	  		John Fereira
prince		Prince				Jon Brode
private		Private Music			Dave Datta
psb		Pet Shop Boys			Kristian Bartholdsson
runaways	Runaways			Eli Messinger
rush		Rush				Dave Datta
schulz		Klaus Schulz			Dave Lane
soundtracks	CD Motion Picture Scores	John Voesten
stiff		Stiff Little Fingers		Dan Kletter
supertra	Supertramp			Dave Gross
sweet		Rachel Sweet			Eli Messinger
synergy		Synergy				George Regnery & Dave Datta
tadream		Tangerine Dream 	 	Dave Datta
tmbg		They Might Be Giants		John Relph
toyah		Toyah				John Relph
toyah2		Toyah				Joy Ralph
tull		Jethro Tull			Jonathan Watts
vangelis	Vangelis 		 	George Regnery
vangelis2	Vangelis (Long Version)		Dave Datta & George Regnery
win		Win				Alan Crawford
xtc		XTC				John Relph
yello		Yello (09/27/1990)		Lazlo Nibble & Cliff Tuel

All of these files are stored in compressed form with the .Z extension
and are processed with the Unix 'compress' command. If you cannot
process these files, look in the /pub/discog/uncompressed subdirectory.
(the compressed files are in the /pub/discog directory)
--
-Dave 	datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu [....uwm!uwpvacs!datta]

FTP vacs.uwp.wisc.edu for lots of neat stuff including but not
limited to the discography archives.