Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I put this momenet...

From: Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 90 16:47:12 -0500
Subject: I put this momenet...

here.

I put this moment...

                       here.

I put this moment...

                                                    Over here.
                                                    OVER HERE.

Can't you see where memories are kept bright,
tripping on the water like a laughing girl?
Time in her eyes is spawning past light
run on the ocean and the woman unfurls
holding all the love that waits for you here.

Catch us now for I am your future
a kiss on the wind and we'll make the land.
Come over here to where When lingers
waiting in this empty world.
Waiting for Then when the life-spray cools
for Now does ride in on the curl of a wave,
and you will dance in the sun-lit pools.

We are of the going water, and the gone.
We are of water and the holy land of water,
and all that's to come runs in
with the thrust on the strand.

____________________________

Yesterday, I told my tale o' woe about my hard drive; I requested 3 files...
the whispered lines of SiG, which I received (thanks, Stephen!), the interview
with KaTe in which she discusses TNW and each song in the suite in semi-detail
(which I may yet receive, thanks again, Stephen!), and, lastly, the 'official'
lyrics to the end of Jig of Life, as John Carder Bush told...oh, I don't
remember.

I haven't yet received anything regarding that last one, other than bunches of
requests to receive the thing after somebody's kind enough to mail it to me,
so I've tried to reconstruct it, from memory and from listening to the CD.
I have no idea what the punctuation should look like (if any at all).  I'm 99%
sure of what I've got transcribed above, 'cept for one line:  "And you will
dance in the sun-lit pools."  I can't remember the official transcription, and
I'm pretty sure there's another few syllables in the recording...something
like "And you will dance with me (them?) in the sun-lit pools."

Anyway, if you have any corrections to what I've transcribed, go ahead and
flame me (mildly, please! I'm trying to do a service here!)...but otherwise,
enjoy.  And if anyone does have the official transcription, please-please-
please can I get a copy?

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |