Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New/old 10,000 Maniacs

From: bilbo@cis.ohio-state.edu (William H Stoner III)
Date: 7 Oct 90 17:24:12 GMT
Subject: New/old 10,000 Maniacs
Sender: news@cis.ohio-state.edu

I was in a local shop last week and they had a board of upcoming
releases one of which was: 10,000 Maniacs _Hope Chest_ Oct 16th.

I thought to myself "aren't they taking a break?  It can be new
if it is being released this soon."  The happend to have a trade
letter in shop - Ithink it was ICE - but i'm not sure.  Anyway
it said : Hope Chest: a re-release of thier first two indipendant
releases.  There is a God, my vinal copy of I-Ching is about worn
thru and I only have a tape copy of Human Conflict...

As for what traks will be on it I'm not sure.  I-ching has several
songs which were rerecorded for _The Wishing Chair_: Tension Makes
a Tangle, My Mother the War, Grey Victory, Daktari (which has a
slightly different guitar part).  HOpefully they'll leave it intact
(the songs are listed above in the order of exactly the same
to slightly different as the same tracks on Wishing Chair.  Hopefully
they'll include lyrics too -we'll see.

bilbo
bilbo@cis.ohio-state.edu