Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Idioglossia: the language of twins

From: gtaylor@vme.heurikon.com (Gregory Taylor)
Date: 1 Oct 90 17:05:43 GMT
Subject: Idioglossia: the language of twins
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@heurikon.heurikon.com

In article <7921@scolex.sco.COM> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Rumor has it that the Cocteau Twins often sing in Esperanto.
>Is this truth or fiction?  Anyone know anything about this?

In the middle of an interview with Harold Budd for my radio show, I
asked him about precisely this, since he's worked with Liz Fraser
before. He says that she does, indeed, sing in English. The lyrics
are quite often merely lists of words chosen for sound or the sound
they have when she alters the pronunciation.
--
history is an angel/being blown backwards into the future/ and the angel
wants to go back and fix things/to repair the things that have been broken