Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Strange phenomena

From: turney@cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney)
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 90 18:40:46 -0400
Subject: Strange phenomena

I have to admit that I've found most of the recent traffic in this
group boring and even at times annoying.  I'm pretty happy having
Kate's music in any form; owning the upcoming boxed set is definitely
not a priority for me.  And I'm certainly not rushing off to England
for any conventions; I've better uses for my money.  Nevertheless,
I'm still a big fan, who's lamenting that we haven't talked much
about Her _music_ lately, which, after all, is the best part, n'est-ce pas?

I just listened to The Ninth Wave the other day for the first time
in quite a while.  I dare anyone to listen to it and not come away
convinced that Kate is the Master Songstress.  I always notice
something new when I listen and this time was no exception: did
anyone realize that the bell clip at the beginning of The Sensual
World is the same one as is heard in the background of Waking the
Witch?  Check it out!

I'm now working on a piano transcription of This Woman's Work, since
the one I did of Feel It last year went over so well with the few
people who got to hear it.  When I finish, if I like the result, I
might even be convinced to share it.

(TS) Jenn