Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TSSB & Vicki

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 90 16:18:23 PDT
Subject: Re: TSSB & Vicki

Really-From: lizard@ihlpf.att.com (Russell J Neumann)

>	I support your position 100 percent Vicki. What really
>	disturbs me is that those who are most vociferous in
>	their proclamation of their love for our country and
>	their love for freedom are always the very first to
>	deny those with opposing opinions the right to express
>	them.

Exactly which point did Vickie made that you agree with?  She's
made two points.  One I agree with strongly and the other I disagree
with.

She said nobody should be forced to listen to the national anthem, nor
should anybody have it forced on their show.  I agree completely, just
as I agree with the Supreme Court's decision that flag burning is a form
of free speech.  The Constitution gives us the right to disagree with
others almost any way we wish.

But she also said that the national anthem is "stinky and stupid."  It's
this that I somewhat disagree with, for the reasons I've mentioned in
an earlier post.

My point in this post is that THE TWO POINTS DON'T HAVE MUCH TO DO WITH
EACH OTHER.  So when you say you agree with Vickie's point about the
national anthem, you should specifiy which point.  I think you were
agreeing with the first point she made, which is fine.  But the last
few postings have been about the "stinky and stupid" comment, so when
you say you agree with Vickie now, it sounds like you're referring to
that.  And your posting actually says nothing about that point.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov