Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lyrics Server -- I still can't use it

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 90 10:58:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Lyrics Server -- I still can't use it
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

{lyrics server woes}
>The message was:  "Due to a missing permanent file or lack of permission,
>you cannot send to notesfile 'Lyrics Server.'"

That's a Umass mailer thing that probably means that the file was
full.  Either that or somebody had taken it down for servicing.

>Can anybody tell me what's going on?

Yeah, very probably the lyrics server decided it doesn't like you and
won't reply to you.  My bet is on your return address being unknown by
umass.

A good solution (all others with lyrics server problems take note) is
to make sure you put a "Reply-To:" field with a damn fine return
address in it.

Ed: I requested the lyrics to a Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel song and
had the server forward it to you.  Let me know if it ever shows up -
if it doesn't, then UMass can't parse your return address and you need
to specify a better one.

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |