Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: USENET News System <news@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 1 Oct 90 17:43:12 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu (greg)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Fripp tour
Date: 1 Oct 90 17:43:11 GMT
Sender: news@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

I just saw Fripp and the League of Crafty Guitarists at Jake's here
in Bloomington last Saturday.  If anyone has a chance to see them,
it's well worth it.  They were simply amazing.  Any Fripp fan or
guitar lover would appreciate it!  There was also a female vocalist
with them who would sing between movements.  I did not catch her
name and it wasn't published in the review in our local paper.
Does anyone know who she is?  Her a cappella performances were
incredible.

In preparing for the performance, I went through my Fripp collection
and listened to The Leage of Gentlemen.  Danielle Dax sings the
cut Minor Man, which I didn't realize before.  I only know her from
that cut and words from Gaffa.  Is this cut typical of her style, or
is this quite different than her other work?

*                                       "Ah well, that's this world   *
* Greg Clark                             over,                        *
* greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu       Ah well, next one begins .." *
*                                                 -Andy Partridge     *