Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Moon Cheese Worship

From: "Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59" <AGOUGH%FAB6@sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 90 10:32 PDT
Subject: Moon Cheese Worship

>> ...or wood nymphs or faeries or moon cheese worship or anything else
>> of the sort.
>
>I really can't just sit by and listen to this sort of talk without
>speaking up.  How could anyone claim that Kate isn't into Moon Cheese
>worship?  References to the Great Chedder of the Night Sky are scattered
>throughout her work.  "Over the lights, under the moon" she chants over
>and over again in _Kite_, just as the monastic Moon Cheese worshippers of
>north-west Kurdistan have for centuries.  "I'm hanging on the Old Goose
>Moon," says Kate in _L'Amour Looks Something Like You_, a Moon Cheese
>worshipper phrase referring to how much we depend on the Loving Luner
>Limburger for the many blessings and tastey cheese treats that he bestows
>upon us.
>
>I could go on and on listing references but until you bother to understand
>Moon Cheesers a little better there's not much point.  I'm sure that if
>you would you'd see Kate's music in an entirely different light.

I agree with you completely.  I've been afraid to speak up until now, due
to the long history of Moon Cheesers persecution in this country.  People
in this country are so culturally illerate as to not bother to investigate
and appreciate the Moon Cheese beliefs.  In fact, some people simply REFUSE
to understand.

"The Cow Jumped Over the Moon,"
Andy