Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lyrics server

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 90 21:39:32 PDT
Subject: Lyrics server

Really-From: mary carpenter <MXC117@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>

>The lyrics server at Umass has Kate Bush lyrics...it should have most of her
>albums (I haven't check lately).  The address is lyrics@umass.bitnet. Just
>send a note without a subject line and the following in the body of the letter:
>lyrics/author=Kate Bush/album = whichever album you're looking for (song can be
>substituted for album).

You know, I've tried as least five times to get the lyrics server to
work, and it hasn't worked once.  Sometimes the mail bounces, but other
times I've simply gotten nothing back.  Can someone who has used it
successfully PLEASE describe IN DETAIL how to set up a message that
the server will understand?  Also, can someone tell me a mailing address
for the server that I am likely to be able to send mail to?

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov