Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Suspended In Gaffa in Chicago!

From: maus@fir.Morgan.COM (Malcolm Austin)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 90 12:43:47 EDT
Subject: Re: Suspended In Gaffa in Chicago!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I know it's a long time since you posted asking about Siouxsie & the Banshees,
but I just read you posting, and I hope you won't mind my $0.02.

I would recommend their last two albums, PEEPSHOW and THROUGH THE LOOKING
GLASS.  I think they greatly improved their arrangements and writing quality,
distancing themselves from the grating qualities of punk without quite losing
their edge.

If you like S&tB, I think you will also enjoy CLEOPATRA GRIP, by the
Heartthrobs.  They are a "new" band from England, and have a single
on (very good) radio called "Dreamtime".  Very reminiscent of both
S&tB and Sinead O'Connor.

Malcolm Austin -- maus@fir.morgan.com
Disclaimer (v.), to unarm an opponent wielding a Scottish broadsword