Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hair Of The Hound

From: Chris Ridd <RiddCJ@computer-science.birmingham.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 90 10:36:33 BST
Subject: Re: Hair Of The Hound

>I just have a quick question: What is "Hair of the Hound"?  If you can't
>believe that I've never heard of it before, let me explain that in order to
>get "The Whole Story" around here, you have to order it.  It's not available
>in any of the record stores off-the-shelf.  Laurie Anderson's "Home of the
>Brave" is not available at all, on order or off-the-shelf.

  Suggestion - move somewhere near a decent record shop!!! :-)

>I have been led to believe that "Hair of the Hound" is a video.  Wot's on
>it?  If it's a video collection, I would like to know which videos are on
>it.  If not, please describe the contents.  Thanks!!

  Is a video.  Basically, the Hounds Of Love singles are on the tape.
I don't have it (no VCR :-( ) but it should have 'Hounds Of Love',
'Running Up That Hill', 'Cloudbusting', and maybe 'Big Sky'.  The
'Whole Story' video has all these on, so is a better buy IMHO.

>"The laugh of the king was clear        :Dead Dog  (Robey)
>and strong, so out of fear the           4 @6555 (WWIVnet)
>crowd laughed along." -Tony Banks      sixhub!kk4fs!deadog

   Chris

-- Chris Ridd, Computer Science, Birmingham Uni, UK -- RiddCJ@Cs.Bham.Ac.Uk --

"'It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it,' said War testily, 'the One
Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse.'" - Sourcery