Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: annabouboula

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 90 09:30:06 -0400
Subject: Re: annabouboula
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
>
>jon sez:
>> Basically, imagine the most brain-numbing collision of Greek rembetiko
>> and Western influences.  Now add a mysterious female vocalist fronting
>> it.  It's just amazing.  The group is Annabouboula, the album is "In
>> The Baths Of Constantine" and there's nothing more to be said except
>> BUY OR DIE.
>
>old news, jonny boy...

Yeah, but it's just been recently re-issued on a domestic label CD!
(Shanachie).

Also, Danielle Dax is supposedly releasing a new album some time soon.
There is a new track by her on a latest Sire records sampler.

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |