Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Convention News & Box Set Blues (a Re-edited Re-post READ!)

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 90 06:24:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Convention News & Box Set Blues (a Re-edited Re-post READ!)

         * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

* * * *  READ THIS EVEN IF YOU READ IT WHEN IT APPEARED BEFORE  * * * *

         * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * *

To answer questions Michael and Patrick asked, and because the digest
was down when this first appeared, I'm repostin this. Sorry I haven't
done it before now. Read this even if you saw it in the digest, because
it contains new, more current information. Not from Peter Morris though.
To those who have written us, we'll be getting all our mail and past
digests read in the next few days. We're terribly behind. Thanks for being
patient with me.

 Vickie here. I've been a bit out of touch recently but now I have news:

                         ! FINALLY !

Received a phone call from Peter David Fitgerald-Morris yesterday
and he gave me the lowdown on the convention and some info on the
Box Set.

First the convention.

When: Saturday, November 17 1990
      11:00am-7:00pm

Where: La Palais, Peter didn't have the exact address with him but it's
       located in the Hammersmith district of West London. He said he
       thought that it was on the same street as the Odeon but don't
       quote him on that.
*** (Can any of our English friends tell us about this district. What's
it like? Is it easy to get to? Anything at all.) ***

The tickets will be priced at 5 pounds. Those "off the isle" should
send British cash or stirling to:

        Homeground
        P.O. Box 176
        Orpington, Kent U.K.  BR5 3NA

He didn't specify anything else about the cost except that all money
raised would be donated to charity. I imagine that Kate is paying for
the venue and all other costs incurred by Homeground.

*** I imagine that if you can't send money in advance for some reason,
it would be fine to pay at the door. I'm sure they could use the advance
though, so send bucks if you can. No matter what...

...Again........ALL LOVE-HOUNDS ARE GUARANTEED A TICKET. Send your money
now but don't worry about receiving tickets back. Include a note that
you're a Love-Hound. GIVE YOUR NAME TO ME via e-mail or post.
Near the end of October I'll post a list of names I've received and
if you're not on it you can tell me that you want to be included.
A few days before the con I'll give Peter the master list of names and
that list will be at the door. You will get in without a ticket.
You can get in but of course you'll still have to pay.

So far I have:

Barger, Jorn-Chicago, IL
Butler, Michael "Nigel"-Cupertino,- CA
Bjorklind, Andreas & Carina-in lovely Sweden (Let me know for sure, OK?)
Calton, Neil-Chilton, England (CONGRATULATIONS!!! Neil's gonna be a papa!)
Carter, Steve-oops, I forgot to write down where your from
Declann-Where do you live now and what's your full name?)
Elliott, Diane-Mesa, AZ
Fagg, Steve-Harlow, Essex, England (Ever heard "Get 'em Out By Friday?")
Heath, Craig-Santa Cruz, CA
Hernandez, Larry-Cupertino, CA
Iglesias, Pablo-Cambridge, England
Kaufman, Michael-Evanston IL
Lindh, Christer-Stockholm, Sweden
Mapes, Vickie-Chicago, AZ
Nimmo, Andrew D.-Brighton, England
Roberts, Tracy-Santa Cruz, CA (does your friend want to be included?)
Schaefer, Cynthia-Chicago, IL
Thomas, Stephen-somewhere in "Our Beloved's Homeland" (OK)
Walsh, Evan-somewhere in "Our Beloved's Homeland" (OK)
Whiteside, Edward Lee-Mesa, AZ
Wickham, Liam-(Didn't catch where you were from)
Williams, Chris-Chicago, IL

Nick-of-Time, Andreas from Finland, and all you other wonderful,
lucky people who live in the UK and Europe, give me your names and
I'll include them. I really can't believe that anyone living within
1000 miles of London wouldn't be going. Especially since Kate will
definitely be there. *That's been absolutely confirmed by the Bush
family.* I just hope she doesn't get mobbed :-)

We can stretch this to include friends of Love-Hounds who
aren't on the net. Just say you're a Love-Hound anyway. After all,
they want people to come and being a bona-fide L-H isn't a requirement.
Peter said that thay're expecting at least 1000 people but that the
venue will hold 2000. Andy's hopes of a small intimate atmosphere
seem to be out the window. I have my own private theory that Kate's
going to take a few years off to have kids and this is somewhat of
a "farewell" to her biggest fans. Even if that's way off base it's
nearly certain that she'll hardly show her face in public again for
years. Anyone who can go, should.

== Unfortunately, Chris & I absolutely can't. We're both in new jobs and
== lots of new and old bills to pay off. If we had the money we'd go to
== England just for one day, but we also don't have passports.

 ***   Chris & I just made reservations for our flight to London!!!!  ***
 ***   We're also going down to apply for passports tomorrow....:-)   ***
 ***   We just can't miss it. We just absolutely canNOT miss it!!     ***
 ***   We'll be flying into Gatwick at 7:20 Saturday morning. We'll   ***
 ***   have to find our way to the venue and have a helluva day!      ***
 ***   We'll be staying 6 days so we need information on all the      ***
 ***   usual neat places we shouldn't miss. We're tourists at heart!  ***
 ***   I especially want to know where I can find cool music to buy!! ***

 ***  Perhaps an English Love-Hound with a bit of time on his/her     ***
 ***  hands and a good map, can draw in and post a rough map showing  ***
 ***  where La Palais is in relation to Heathrow and Gatwick, just so ***
 ***  we'll know the general direction we have to go. Some of us can  ***
 ***  get London maps here in America but some may have to wait till  ***
 ***  we land and it would be great to have an idea in advance. So    ***
 ***  is anyone game???                                               ***

 ***  We need to have a way to find each other at the convention. We  ***
 ***  just have to have a large Love-Hounds section so we can sit     ***
 ***  near each other. I'd hate to miss meeting any of you!           ***

 ***  Perhaps quite a few of us can find places to stay in the same   ***
 ***  area. Better yet, the same hotel! Prices are sure to be cheaper ***
 ***  in the off-season of November, plus we could arrange sharing    ***
 ***  rooms to help with the cost. Unless your plans are already      ***
 ***  made, perhaps we could all get rooms at the same place.         ***
 ***  I'll be talking to Peter Morris in the next couple of days and  ***
 ***  see what & where he suggests. Patrick suggested Earl's Court.   ***
 ***  Maybe Peter has gotten together a list of hotels. And all we    ***
 ***  we need are clean rooms, reasonably priced. Hostels and b&b     ***
 ***  are an option too, but it still might be cheaper if we can      ***
 ***  share rooms at a hotel. I'll let you know what Peter says.      ***

If YOU have a passport and the money stashed away, you should treat
yourself to a special present and go. Of course it's a "waste of money"
but when it comes to being in the same room as Kate Bush, who cares?
Chris and I "wasted" money when we drove to New York in 1985 to meet
Kate. We brought back a lifetime of Katefan memories though and haven't
regretted it for a single moment.

Now for the Box Set...

It will be called "This Woman's Work" and will be released in early
November. The logo will be some sort of combination of the KT symbol
and the female symbol. Don't ask me...that's just what Peter said.
It should be priced at around 70 British pounds so we should all start
saving our pennies. It's almost certain that CBS in America aren't
going to have anything to do with the thing so we'll all have to pay
import prices (I'd buy import even if CBS did release it. CBS-phew!)
and there probably will be a limited number coming over to America.

Bad sad news--the track listing that Homeground printed IS in fact
the official list. Poor Andy & Derek, all that work for nothing!
The Set is supposed to have a very nice booklet with lots & lots of
photos and most likely a biography. Peter hasn't actually seen a copy
of the Set so he couldn't give any firm information about graphics etc.
That's all the info I have about that.

One more item that came to light in my talk with Peter. He & Krys knew
the second they looked at the "Tipper list" that it was a joke. They were
rolling on the floor laughing at the obvious in-jokes. They also got
Chris' "confession" so they knew he wrote it. They printed the list by
itself, without comment, just to see how people would react. It seems
that quite a few people took it seriously and wrote in very worried.
Peter assures me that he will reveal the truth about the list in the
next Homeground. I was certain that Peter must have gotten the joke
and it's nice to know that he did.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com