Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sTuff

From: woj <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 90 20:34:53 EST
Subject: sTuff

evening folks...

first a warning to KolleKTors: do NOT buy the cd called _burning desires_!
it's a real bad transfer from the tape of the hammersmith film to cd that
sounds as if it was dubbed from the speakers of the tv. not even in stereo.
the boot cd that you want to find is called _kate bush live_ and is on the
label neutral zone. _burning desires_ is on singing pig recorsd out of
luxemborg. again, *avoid* that cd!

a KorreKTion: eric has asked me to let everyone know that, in fact, *he*
has ticket #1 for suzanne in poughkeepsie and that i have number two. ah
well, i got a little over anxious. :)

music: vickie has been remonstrating about edith piaf for a few months/years
whatever, so when i found her greatest hits (!) cd a few days ago in a local
store, i grabbed it. she's right: it's gripping. i know absolutely zero french,
 that's not a requirement for enjoying her voice. it's "showtuneish" (for
lack of a better word - don't shoot me vickie, please :) so mayhap, fans
of hard rock may want to avoid if they can't stomach it, but everyone might
want to gander a listen. her voice is pensive and the music just kinda gets
you. very nice. and a welcome change from "boyz with guitarz" anyday...

more music: picked up the new grace pool cd called _where we live_. pretty
decent, easy-going, unoffensive pop. good fall music (which always makes
me happy). mixed by kevin killen. features david van tieghem on percussion
and luka bloom singing and playing guitar on a few tracks. anton sanko (in
suzanne vega's band) loaned them his s-1000. useless trivia. i like it,
but it's not outstanding.

yet more music: ac marius' _one of our girls_. yow. very nice. i listened
to it after listening to _garlands_ byt he twins and, while the two are
distinctively different, there are many similarities as well. anyone who
likes the twins should like her as well. she's on restless/mute so it's
available domesticly (same label as diamanda galas...heh heh heh :).

um, lessee, anythign else? nah...don't think so...

untillater...

woj