Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Music in Paris

From: John.Kitamura@ircam.ircam.fr (John Kitamura)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 90 13:55:41 -0100
Subject: Re: Music in Paris
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9009042134.AA29291@uunet.uu.net> you write:
>Really-From: Steve Schonberger <microsoft!stevesc@uunet.UU.NET>
>
>Here goes yet another "what's happening in..." message.  I and my
>girlfriend are going to be in Paris during the second week of October
>on vacation.  What sort of things are going on there then ...
Not sure of the dates, but concerts by Cocteau Twins, Sonic Youth, Dead Can
Dance, Pogues ... all in the months of Oct and Nov. I can find out exact
dates if you're interested. Check out the BLAHBLAH magazine at any FNAC
for a complete concert listing.

> and what record stores should we make a point not to miss?
For normal stuff (might be more expensive than US or Can, but selection is
generally larger) check out the three FNACs (one in the Les Halles complex,
one at the Bastille under the new Opera House, one at Montparnasse) and
the VirginMegastore (on the Champs-Elysees). For independent stuff,
check out the New Rose (at St. Michel - this is where I live, btw)
and the Danceteria at Cardinal Lemoine.

PS: There's a Zappa concert series scheduled for the Lyon ballet (the third
week of Sept). I'm checking out details of that now.

kato