Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead

From: lee@quincy.cs.umass.edu (Peter Lee)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 90 13:57:50 EDT
Subject: barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead

   From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
   Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
   Date: 27 Aug 90 12:54:00 GMT

   Really-From: cjs@hotlf.att.com

   Well, Sinead O'Connor has raised the ire of
   lots of people in NJ.

   On Friday, at the Garden State Arts Center, she
   refused to play if the center played the National
   Anthem -- something they always do before a concert.
   They backstage people finally agreed because they
   were afraid they 9000 poeple in the audience would
   revolt if they cancelled the show.
   as an encore.

   Anyway, I'm siding with the DJs.  I don't think Sinead should
   consider herself GOD (only kate is).  Too bad I didn't
   know about the national athem before
   the encore.  It might of be tempting to sing it.

   Later
   c.swanson
   cjs@hotlf.att.com

Ms. O'Connor is not American (she's Irish) -- why should she want a foriegn
country's national anthem played before her concert?  I suppose the other
alternative would have been to play her national anthem afterwards, but what
if some of the band members were from other countries, etc...