Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What song illustrates Kate's range best?

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 90 17:13:01 PDT
Subject: What song illustrates Kate's range best?

I saw the following article in rec.music.misc, and thought it might
give rise to interesting speculation:
Article 50517 of rec.music.misc:
From: NAZ@auvm.auvm.edu (Naz Reyes)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
Subject: Re: Vocalists with 4+ octave ranges
Date: 9 Aug 90 23:48:59 GMT

In article <82851@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, fox-r@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (The
Guitarist From Hell) says:

>Here are a few more vocalists not yet mentioned (and one that has been
>mentioned).
>
>Kate Bush of course is another 4+ octave vocalist.  Only, she's the only
>one I know of who actually can cover 4 octaves while singing the same
>syllable.
>And she often does.

Oh my, how can I miss that one!!!  I have 5 of Kate's CDs and I've
completely forgotten about her wide range!  NOw, my question is:
Which song(s) clearly shows this talent of hers?  "Sat In Your Lap"
is one song I could think of offhand that MAY show her highs
and lows. I'm at work right now so it's kinda impossible to go
thru my record collection and find another song :-)

Anyways, if someone could maybe post a list of Kate Bush's songs
that could show the wide range of her voice, I'd really appreciate
it.

-Naz

I think maybe "Don't Push Your Foot ... " has the highest note, but I'm
not sure.  Ideas, anyone?

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov