Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wham! there goes another kanga...

From: Maitland Bottoms <bottoms@radar.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 90 10:41:35 EDT
Subject: Wham! there goes another kanga...

All this Madonna talk has reminded me of another run-in I had regarding
a comparision of Kate Bush and another bastion of pop/hype music culture:

Way back, before the Earthquake, when I was driving back from the store
with my Promo cassette of TSW, the title cut gave me a feeling of deja vu.
(I suppose the expression should really be deja ecoute)
What other song begins with a sound pertaining to a church, then follows
with lyrics about physical desires? You guessed it: it's another title
cut. This time, George Michael's _Faith_ album.

I was shocked at the time, but I'm used to it now.

Mmm, Yes - you've got to have faith (Rosabel, believe).
Maitland...