Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: user@darkside.com (A Modem User)
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 90 11:46:37 PDT
Comments: Goose-step a new step!

Subject: A question for IED

I'd like to ask IED, after reading his letter to EMI, if he has any idea
how much time all these recordings would take up? I'm not trying to put him
on the spot of inject an "are you CRAZY?" element into the air, I'm just
curious as to the possibility of fitting all these songs onto a boxed set.

I'd also like to point out that, really, it seems ludicrous for EMI to put
out her regular albums -- all of which have been available on CD for quite
a while now -- as a boxed set. No, I would imagine that a Kate boxed set,
much like the David Bowie and Jethro Tull boxed sets, would consist
EXCLUSIVELY of rare, unreleased or previously-unavailable-on-CD songs. Thus
if they put out a 4-CD set of her rarities, with 70 minutes on each CD,
I'd like to ask IED the question again: Would all the material he has men-
tioned fit on 280 minutes (that's almost 5 hours, folks) of CD?

                              -Uzer