Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hey |>oug, the problem is NOT at my end

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 90 18:24:44 EDT
Subject: Re: Hey |>oug, the problem is NOT at my end
Sender: nessus@gaffa.MIT.EDU

> From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

> Normally I would do this by e-mail, but you publically said I was
> wrong.  I have received confirmation from people as widely
> scattered as Andreas in Sweden, Woj, and Vickie that articles that
> appeared in the Love-hounds digest did not appear in .gaffa.  Andreas
> counted 14 such articles just in the digest received July 25.
>
> However, it seems to be working now.  There have been no articles
> missing from .gaffa for the past two days.

I didn't say that the problem is at your end.  I just said that it's
not at my end.  All of the articles *are* making it to
rec.music.gaffa.  Now why rec.music.gaffa isn't propogating properly
to you and others I can't say because I have no control over the
computers between you and me.  If someone wants to inquire about loss
of good Usenet coverage for rec.music.gaffa, there are newsgroups with
knowledgable people in them who keep track of this sort of thing.
Maybe some major backbone site is throwing rec.music.gaffa articles
away.  If someone has the time to research this, I am sure everyone
would appreciate it.