Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bill Nelson

From: jice%echo.esd@sgi.com (John Eisenman)
Date: 27 Jul 90 22:03:25 GMT
Subject: Bill Nelson
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.misc
Sender: news%odin.corp@sgi.com

I've heard a great deal about Bill Nelson -- so when I saw a bunch of
his cds in the Noteworthy catalogue, I ordered one called Iconography.
I don't like it much.  I may want to try another, but I don't know which
one.  Some folks told me that his guitar playing is reminiscent of Roxy
Music -- that sound good.  I have also seen an ep of his that included
Mick Karn on bass -- a good sign.  Can anyone tell me what this ep is
called, and which cd it would be on.  Or, can somebody recommand another
cd and describe it a bit.  My description of Iconography would be, "lots
of sampled speech over a repetative beat."  Maybe this was unique at the
time the album came out, but it does not seem to hold up.