Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Disappointed with _TSW_ ? (also UK vs US HoL)

From: cray@balr.com (Chris Ray)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 90 11:31 CDT
Subject: Re: Disappointed with _TSW_ ? (also UK vs US HoL)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9007201424.AA17326@csccat.UUCP> you write:
>Really-From: Larry Spence <csccat!larry@texbell.swbt.com>
>
>In article <3962.26a6dead@cc.nu.oz.au> you write:
>>Larry Spence writes:
>>
>>> but
>>> the fact is that _many_ (not all) Kate fans are a little disappointed with
>>> _TSW_.
>>
>>those who discovered her at the beginning.
>
>I can only offer one data point.  I fall into the former category, and I'm
>a little disappointed in TSW.  I'd be interested in hearing what the logic
>behind this is though.

well this will help the average...
I am one of those, the latter, those who where there from the start, and I
am also (i can't say it) d*s*pp**nt*d with her last effort..
I hate to do this too,
  Someone mentioned _TSW_ as Kates most _female_ work.. I am forced to second
that comment because, and this is on my first time through the album, I mean
I just opened it and listened to it (not even hearing it on the radio)
so I mean really my first reaction after listening to it was

      "KATE BUSH WANTS CHILDREN!!!"

I can hear the moans of disgust across the country...
But, that is just what I thought..

Chris (not of Chris and Vicki) but still in Chicago