Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate outrageousness

From: keving%gaffa@sgi.com (Kevin Gurney)
Date: 25 Jul 90 23:04:31 GMT
Subject: Re: kate outrageousness
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news%odin.corp@sgi.com

In article <1990Jul25.155002.9772@pdn.paradyne.com> Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

>Really-From: locke@pdn.paradyne.com (Richard Locke)

>The latest Midnight flyer has your regular assortment of outrageously
>priced stuff, but one really caught my eye:

>	Fan Club EPs (4 Diff. Color Set- Each W Color Gtfld. Nipple
>	Poster! -OOP & Rare)	60.00	($, US)

>The mind truly boggles.  Has anyone actually seen this???

Assuming that Midnight (whatever that is) is talking about the Japan KT Fan
Club record with the "special long message from her brother" (John), these
can be had at record swaps for way less than $60. I bought two of them
(yellow and blue vinyl!) for $15 and $20 at two different shows about a
year ago. Of course, if this person is selling all four colors then I
guess $60 is pretty close to what I paid.

This 7" 45 fan club EP came out in the pre-HoL timeframe.  One side is a
message from John Carder talking about how well the new album (HoL)
is going and how he really digs Japanese martial arts and so forth.

Side two has a brief message from Kate, saying how she hopes she can get
back to Japan sometime soon. Also on side two is "Kate Bush and friends"
singing "Let it Be" (Peter Gabriel and <obsolete British rocker> at the
Bill Duffield benefit, I think).

The "Nipple Poster!" is included, but is only about 10" by 15", if that.

Interesting for completists.
----
"Is it hot in here?"
keving@gaffa.wpd.sgi.com