Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

When we got hooked...

From: Douglas MacGowan <macgowan@NISC.SRI.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 1990 8:35:37 PDT
Subject: When we got hooked...

I think it would be near impossible to categorize people as to when
they first got into Kate.  You could classify them chronologically,
but two people could get into Kate on the exact same day for different
reasons.

I am going on almost ten years now -- I bought my first Kate album
about a week after import copies of Never For Ever graced these
shores.

Kate has said over and over that she works actively towards making
each of the albums reflect different parts of existence.  I think
she succeeds.  Which is probably why she has been able to take such
long breaks between albums.  Never does one pick up a long awaited new
Kate release and say "God, not this stuff again."

There are times when I have to listen to HoL - anything else (even
another Kate album) would be incredibly wrong.  There are times when I
need the simple tracks from Lionheart.  And there are days, thank god,
when the only way I can exist is to crank The Dreaming up, take the
phone off the hook, and ignore the doorbell.

Kate writes of all the aspects of life - celebrate the variety!

Douglas MacGowan
MacGowan@NISC.SRI.COM