Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

reviews

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 90 17:36:17 PDT
Subject: reviews

I posted this a while ago, but never saw it, so I'm reposting it.

>Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
>Like it or not the general consensus among critics and fans alike
>seems to be that _TSW_ is not as great a work as some of her previous
>efforts.

Well, this is just plain WRONG.  The British reviews of _TSW_ were the
best she's ever gotten.  Almost every major British music magazine gave
the album a rave, with words like "brilliant" and "genius" being tossed around.

American reviews weren't quite as good as for _Hounds Of Love_, but still
they were mostly very favorable.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov