Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 11:53:50 PDT

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Wild SpeKulTion (tm)
Date: 18 Jul 90 18:53:45 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
>Like it or not the general consensus among critics and fans alike
>seems to be that _TSW_ is not as great a work as some of her previous
>efforts.

Well, this is just plain WRONG.  The British reviews of _TSW_ were the
best she's ever gotten.  Almost every major British music magazine gave
the album a rave, with words like "brilliant" and "genius" being tossed around.

American reviews weren't quite as good as for _Hounds Of Love_, but still
they were mostly very favorable.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov