Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas parties; flowers

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 17:10 PDT
Subject: Katemas parties; flowers

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

   Paul Carpentier of Bellingham, Washington, writes:
 >   Last year our Katemas attracted 35 people, and we were mentioned,
 >thanks to Steve Schonberger, in _Homeground_ and, probably thanks
 >to Andrew Marvick (?), in the Los Angeles _Times_.
 >   Again, 4 pm, 28 July, KateHouse.  Write or call if you want:

   Although IED did send a copy of Steve's description of last year's
Washington party to Peter at _Homeground_, he doesn't know whether it
was IED's copy or Steve's that alerted _HG_ to the party. As for
the _L._A._Times_ report, which mentioned the Santa Cruz and Bellingham
parties, IED can claim no credit whatever. It came as just as much of
a shock (though a very pleasant one) to IED as it must have to the
rest of Love-Hounds to read that mention. _Homeground_ is readily
available at several Tower Records outlets in the L.A. area, as well
as at Rhino Records and Bleecker Bob's Records. So the likeliest
explanation is that the reporter for the _Times_ simply found the _HG_
issue in question and cited it in his report.
   IED is very happy to see that the Washington party is scheduled
for Saturday, July 28th, the same day as the West Los Angeles party.
Katemas Eve's Eve will be a fun day for West Coast Kate fans!!
   A reminder to all that IED's party is scheduled to begin some time
after 2 p.m., at his house: 10499 Wilkins Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
Anyone who's interested in a day of Kate video and Kate fans is invited.
Just call (213) 474-1364 to RSVP, or for more information.

-- Andrew Marvick
   "It is this that brings us together!"
   P.S.: IED would like to thank Laura Clifford and Mike Peskura,
who have both contributed generously to IED's plan to have a bouquet
of white roses delivered to East Wickham Farm again this Katemas.
(New subscribers to Love-Hounds may not know that last year many L-Hs
contributed what turned out to be quite a lot of money, which IED used to
order a humongous bunch of white roses for the Farm.) IED hasn't made much
of a noise about the project this year, but he will use whatever money
shows up at his doorstep to buy white roses again this year for Kate, on
behalf of all the Love-Hounds.