Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Katejism XXXVI.7.xi

From: 8-Track Maniac <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 90 09:51:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Katejism XXXVI.7.xi
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: Larry Spence <csccat!larry@texbell.swbt.com>
>I'm not going to try to "prove" why _TSW_ is only so-so; I'm not going to try
>to make IED fall out of love with the record.  I just think it's pathetic that
>when someone brings up a couple of valid (to me!) points about why they're not
>too crazy about it, they get a sneer.  Any artist as _great_ as Kate Bush
>deserves more than a pool o' drool from rabid fans.

Thank you Larry, for articulating (with wonderful clarity)
what I had such trouble saying in my muddled missive of a few days ago.

>Yes, but _HoL has such outstanding songs, playing, and arrangements that
>it would've seemed picky to gripe about the tape hiss.  _TSW_, on the other
>hand, is so relatively mediocre that the recording defects are yet another
>letdown, not an exception.  This is just my opinion.  I'm not going to try
>to prove anything, I simply insist that my opinion be respected as such,
>and that IED's opinions be recognized as such.

Ha!  The day that happens on love-hounds, I'll sell my Kate CDs for
the Komplete Kylie Kollection.

>The alternative
>is waiting for a Kate album that sucks _so_ badly that even IED will finally
>admit dissatisfaction with some aspect of it.  That could take a while...

Oh, you mean Kate's upcoming album, which I hear is provisionally
titled
_I'm_Talentless:_Music_Inspired_By_Madonna's_Everpresent_Bustline?

It'll be hailed as a 'brave new step' for popular music...  I'm
warning you.  The leopards never change their spots, or whatever...

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |