Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 90 13:46:03 PDT

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Katechism XXXVI.7.xi
Date: 12 Jul 90 20:46:01 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Really-From: keving%gaffa@sgi.com (Kevin Gurney)
> Also, many of the dj's
>at KITS are big Kate fans also, so if the track is on a cart (very common
>practice)

I had a phone conversation with Mark Hamilton, one of KITS's DJs, back
in October when "The Sensual World" was hot.  He told me that that song
*was* on a cartridge.  You're right about many of the DJs being Kate fans.
Hamilton told me he had just been to an album release party put on by CBS
at a San Francisco record store.  They played the album, and showed the
video for "The Sensual World," which he said was very nice.  I was
incredibly jealous; it was to be several weeks before I got a chance to
see that video.

Also, Steve Masters once called "Wuthering Heights" "one of my favorite
songs of all time."

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov